• Register Today It's free!

Air intake hanging off chasis

nitzer51

Reaction score
City, State
seattle
Year, Model & Trim Level
2013 Explorer LTD
New 2013 limited, noticed 6 mos ago that the air intake on the left front side of the car was just hanging down. Wing nut was still in it so I snapped/screwed it back into place.... Or so I thought.... It's hanging down again...

1. Anyone have this problem?
2. What can I do for a perm fix?

Thanks guys!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

It's under warranty....take it to your dealer......

New 2013 limited, noticed 6 mos ago that the air intake on the left front side of the car was just hanging down. Wing nut was still in it so I snapped/screwed it back into place.... Or so I thought.... It's hanging down again...

Thanks guys!
If you are talking about the air scoop under the engine, there have been posts on this before about it coming loose or in some cases falling off.

http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=342745&highlight=air+scoop

If the problem persists or you have lost one of the fasteners, go and see your dealer like HughCares mentioned.

Peter

Thanks guys!

If you're not towing, take it off.....toss it in the corner of the garage.

If you're not towing, take it off.....toss it in the corner of the garage.
I believe this may now standard on all 2013 models, or maybe only on the Sport. I aked a Sport owner with the same problem if he had the tow package and his reply was that he did not. That post is in the original thread I identified in my earlier reply.
This also shows why it is better to stick to one thread. It allows to you see previous posts on the same issue.

Peter

I just bottomed out in a pot hole and this the scoop came loose and fell off. I also proceeded to run it over. Ohhh the shame of it all. Had to run out in the intersection to grab it. embarrassing!!!!!! I think it's farged up...... Taking it in to have it put back on. They can also fix my leaking gas tank. It started to leak after they did the recall for the fuel pump. Never had a problem with the fuel delivery module until they did the recall work.

Thanks guys!

I have had mine drop off three times. I've had the dealer reinstall it after each drop. You would think Ford could come up with a good fix for this.

Back