Air Scoop Ver 2.0 Ideas? DIY Turbo or supercharger and bigger Cats and exhaust! | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Air Scoop Ver 2.0 Ideas? DIY Turbo or supercharger and bigger Cats and exhaust!

mawrazen

Reaction score
City, State
Atlanta, Ga
Year, Model & Trim Level
94 Eddie Bauer
I been thinking about my $20 Cold Air Intake again :rolleyes: Muhahahaha... followed by crazed laughter

The suction sound of Version 1.0 is soooo cooool! I next need a SUPERCHARGER! http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Centrifugal_supercharger. :D

That suction sound has got to be even COOOLER! Pun intended. :eek:

OK, If a 12 volt fan in the CAI Scoop will not add enough PSI to make a difference, why not build a custom air blower out of a Portable Gas blower?

First I thought of using using my 2 stroke gas blower as test but that would be a seperate engine with its own gas tank and limited speed control for the boost.

Why not take the blower unit off the portable, and install it as a supercharger off the exsisting belt assemby?

This would vary the boost with the RPMs of the motor, and increase boost as the throttle increases speed.

Then I need Ideas on a Enlarged Cat and exhaust system to actually make a difference.

Has the Cat back exhaust actually increase HP and fuel efficiency for people?

Does it REALLY make a difference?

Thanks for your input!

:salute:

Still crazy after all these years. :)

Soon to come Version 7.2 (Supercharger with a "KILLER" exhaust!) O MY God! Where Fluffy?

I think your trying to hard. Stick with basics. Intake, exhaust,(but nothing over 2.5") bigger TB, bigger MAS, & a custom tune bamachip.

Back