airbag code 32, no horn? | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

airbag code 32, no horn?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

yes i did, i'm going to work on it this weekend...it is still a little vague but again, it is exactly what i needed....where did you find? is this on that ford cd?

yes i did, i'm going to work on it this weekend...it is still a little vague but again, it is exactly what i needed....where did you find? is this on that ford cd?
That is from the 95 Ranger EVTM (known in later years as the Wiring Diagrams Manual). It is the book used at Ford dealerships for elecrical work.

IMO, it is not vague at all. There is a relay that's hot all the time from the battery and either of the horn switches completes the circuit on the ground side of the relay coil, switching power to the horns.

thanks bob, for some reason i don't get a email when someone post on this thred only....anyway, i spoke to soon on vague...but i did say it was exactly what i needed though, lmao...WOOOOHOOOO, it's fixed....i spent an hour or so removing enough splash fender to find both horns, checked the wiring from horn to relay box, and traced from the new clock spring to the relay box....what has been driving me crazy is i know i had power at the horn pad and i know that hitting the horn pad completes the circuit....it doesn't help seeing some previously cut and other wires spliced but anyway, i know my system is good...oh, and the whole problem???? a stupid relay, the horn relay, lmao...but i sincerely appreciate the drawing and help...i'm the kind of guy who would have spent days tracing wires till i knew where everything went, roflmao

Cool! Glad you got everything working again.

all it takes is a little help from our friends, again thank you....

just an update...after fixing the airbag code with the help of a few good people, i resolved the horn problem...it was a seperate, 10 dollar issue...the relay under the hood was bad, that is why i was reading half hot at the wheel...now i can worn the pedestrians on the sidewalk, honk honk....

Back