Airbag LFC 33 | Page 3 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Airbag LFC 33

After two years I finally got to looking at this because the 02 will be sold in a couple months. Removing the seat had been a big turn off but I was at my camp and had a half hour to kill. Removed the front two seat bolts and was working on the back third bolt when I noticed a safety bracket on the fourth bolt head to keep it from turning. Crap, I thought, the selection of tools at the camp isn't that good. Then I noticed the green connector..... It doesn't have any wires attached to it. Found the wires and removed the green connector. Press down on the tab on top.

I work in electronics and there is always some trick to remove the pins. Couldn't figure it out right off so I took an angle grinder to it with a thin cut off wheel. Notched about 3/8 in and a little on the sides. Removed the rest of plastic with side cutters. That exposed part of the pins. With a pencil soldering iron I wetted the crimp section with solder and tacked a 6 inch wire on each pin. A dab of hot melt glue provided strain relief an insulation. Those wires were spliced onto the short Ford wires. I put the seat mounting bolts back. Could have saved some effort if I had just looked first. Works fine now.

Back