airbox cover?

ldspartan

Reaction score
City, State
Guilford, CT
Year, Model & Trim Level
'98 XLT
Hi all,
I was changing my oil this afternoon, and took the airbox cover (is that what its actually called?) off the part holding the MAF so I could check the air filter. When I was putting it back on, the lower rear screw didn't go in right, and after taking it back out and trying to get the screw in it appears I messed up the threads in the the little metal plug in the airbox cover. I called the ford dealer for a replacement part, and they quote >$300 for the part. That seems crazy to me. Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks a lot.

--
Phil

Man, for $300 dollars I want Pamela Anderson to install for me. :)

I don't know about the '98's but my '97 only has 2 clips holding the air box cover. Is the screw you are refering to connected to MAF metal housing itself? Can't you find a small bolt to just replace it?

I am talking about the bolts from the MAF housing to the airbox cover. I think I'm going to try and find an appropriate tap set here on campus, and failing that I'll go with the smaller-diameter bolt.

Thanks!

--
Phil

I'll sell you a new box lid and a new K&N filter still in the wrapper, $45 for both, shipped!!! I was going to replace my '97 intake with a '98+ one. I got it from my Ford dealer then got an FIPK kit as a gift. Heres a pic. The air tube is not included.....

Attachments

• web ebay 041.jpg
    web ebay 041.jpg
    58.8 KB · Views: 141

Back