Alarm, when, how long, smashed side window thief | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Alarm, when, how long, smashed side window thief

field

Reaction score
City, State
California
Year, Model & Trim Level
99 SOHC 2WD EXPLORER
My passenger window was smashed and many items were stolen. Is the alarm supposed to sound for smashed side windows and how long should it stay on???

Otherwise my alarm goes off for me at strange times when I do some unexpected things occasionally and that's annoying.

Another junkyard replacement window was $20., far less then the items.

99 XLT

Glad one of your identical multiple posts is in this correct 1995-01 sub forum. Unless you have an aftermarket alarm,
there are no glass breakage sensors. IIRC, the factory alarm is only triggered by door, hatch, or hood pin switches.

Otherwise my alarm goes off for me at strange times when I do some unexpected things occasionally and that's annoying.

My factory alarm was going off at random times, by itself. I replaced the battery under the hood, and that solved it for me.

My factor alarm goes off because I have too much on my keyring and something presses up against the remote button. It's surprising the range that has, will go through walls and floors sufficient to block the sound of the horn. I wish it took two rapid button presses instead of one.

As far as I know the alarm stays on forever... or at least until the battery drains, though I suppose it's possible that the battery saver circuit times it out after whatever period, 45 minutes?

Back