Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Albuquerque, NM
Year, Model & Trim Level
1991 XLT
Callsign
KG5BAQ
Okay guys lets get this thing planned. What days are best for everyone?

Sat? Sunday? Monday?

I prefer Sunday, I could do it any of the weekends except on the 8th (Sunday)

Where do you want to go:
Jemez mountains (water crossings, small to medium rocks, hillclimbs, shelf roads, forrest roads, probably mud, about 1 hour on highway to get to the area, could be all day trip)

Cedro Peak (probably mud, a few obsticales, some really good places to flex your explorer, close to town, takes a few hours to complete)

La Bajada (switchbacks, shelf roads, lava rocks, mostly easy for 33" tires, a short trail, 1/2 hour to 45 min drive on the interstate north)

Rio Puerco (sand & dunes, big rocks if you can find them, close to town, could be an all day trip)
I have never lead a group out there and personally I dont really like the area and I dont know where the obstacles are.

So post up with what you want to do and when!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Im down for whatever Brian. I would like to go soon because i plan on regearing and getting 35's.

Sunday sounds good to me. The closer trails are more desirable for me since I hate driving long distances. ;)

So how about Cedro Peak on Sunday (not this coming one but next one after). I know we go there alot but I always have fun. Maybe we could all go eat somewhere either before or after the run since it is pretty short.

Sounds good to me. Think Robbie will go Brian?

Man I wish I could go. I haven't got to wheel in a while. Yall have a blast for me. :thumbsup:

Next sunday it is! I will be heading to Tucson that following weekend and this weekend I need to take off the rocksliders. I'm having rubbing issues on the passenger side fenders and sliders, crap!

Daemon let me know if you need some help, Im always willing to help out. Now we need to set a time.

What does everyone want, a morning run or afternoon?

Meeting place will be the Chevron at Tramway and Central - southwest corner

I will call robbie before we go, if he can I am sure he will go and want to check out Daemons explorer since it is almost a duplicate of his.

Brian1 said:
What does everyone want, a morning run or afternoon?

Meeting place will be the Chevron at Tramway and Central - southwest corner

Well I think afternoom would be the best time cuse it will cool off on the trails and on the way home insted of getting hotter.

maybe a mid morning ot something

those times would work for me
what ever you guys decide (12:30) hint hint :rolleyes:

Anytime is good for me also.

Im in Vegas until the 17th so a no go for me, sorry guys. Thanks for the invite though.

I just did that run this past weekend. It was fun, went with the local jeep guys. Heres some pictures. http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/314828/6

You guys have a good time, the 15th is my b-day so I'll be with the family!!

The 15th is my birthday too. I'll just be sitting here doin nothing wishing I was wheelin with yall. :( Take some good pics for me. Marty dont forget to fill your front diff. ;)

LOL ,,, ya i'll be sure to do that ..

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

So what the exact time and everything? I just got my explorer back together and the a/c still doesnt work after all that! UGH!

Back