• Register Today It's free!

alignment problems

mjc79

Reaction score
City, State
Hiawatha, KS
Year, Model & Trim Level
96 Ford Explorer
recently lowered my 96 awd v8 and bought the camber/caster bolt and plate kit from napa. right now i have the drivers side adjusted out to the max for the tire to come back out from being like this / \ but it still looks inward. i didnt lower it much. just enough to level it out with the factory rear height. are the tires supposed to point in at the top a little from the factory or are they supposed to be straight up and down? this is my first torsion style front end vehicle so it may just be me lol. let me know what you think.

thanks for the help,

mike

heres pics of both sides

drivers side with adjustment kit installed maxed out

002-2.jpg

passenger side with factory bolts and plates

001-1.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I replaced upper and lower all joints and cam bolts. Aligned it myself. Had tires straight up and down. Took it in for alignment and they lean in alittle now. If its right, i don't know. But they said it was

thanks for the reply man. i put the other kit on the passenger side this morning and it straightened up the tires alot better. guess thats what i get for half ass"ing it and making a decision lol. shouldnt have a problem aligning it now. i just didnt want to spend another 20 bucks for them to tell me the adjusters wont work just incase i missed something when i lowered it. toe is still off but they can deal with that lol.

001-2.jpg

002-3.jpg

looks better to me. what do you guys think? good enough to send to the shop on monday?

Here's mine, "within spec"
72A9C5E1-orig.jpg

the SPEC as you put it has a variance to some degree, so to speak,,

if it goes down the road straight, you might not be too far off,
i would get it to the shop monday,but don't drive it too much till than, raising or lowering an Explorer not only messes with caster and camber , but also with the toe ,
if the toe is too far wrong it will peel a tire off pretty quick

hey thanks for the pic mr valingo. yea yours sucks in more at the top than mine lol. corkey, yea this truck dont get driven much. its more of a toy than a daily driver:D.

just wanted to see if i was the only one that had problems after installing the kits or if others had the same problems. im a retard when it comes to suspensions, but engines, its a different story :thumbsup:

Back