• Register Today It's free!

all black emblems installed

bluelion

Reaction score
City, State
Spring, TX
Year, Model & Trim Level
2012 EX Limited
I don't plan on modding my truck much but here is my first of few minor changes...i didn't like the blue oval and couldn't find the gel overlays in all black so this was my other option...they are good quality aluminum/metal emblems powdercoated black.

2476044700053287632S600x600Q85.jpg

2367850760053287632S600x600Q85.jpg

2850177880053287632S600x600Q85.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

So they look like Chevy emblems at first glance...

haha...didn't notice that until you pointed it out....they do kinda look like the bow tie from a distance. unfortunately they didn't have a smooth black emblem in the gloss black....the only smooth black looked like a flat/matte black.

Take THAT Ford!!

Was the original emblem easy to remove ? How did you take it off

the front was a lil tricky cause it's held on by two screws and some type of clips. i accessed the nuts from the hood latch area.

and the rear was just held on by adhesive. i heated it up with my heat gun for a lil bit and then pulled it off pretty easily. the pain in the ass was getting all of the glue off because all of it was still on the truck, none came off with the emblem....i used goo gone, alcohol swabs, and carely scraping it off with a razor blade.

Isn't one of the points of driving a Ford to display the blue oval or FORD loud and proud? Switch it back!

I've debadged all my previous cars, why should this one be any different? Up next: take off the LIMITED badge

Great job. It is too bad they resemble the bow tie, but anything is better than blue emblems. Aren't Ford and Chevy the only two companies that have colored logos? Sad that they haven't evolved in that regard.

They don't offer a black background WITH black letters. Which is why i got these emblems

Hope they do offer new emblems

Bluelion, I see that your Ex is registered as a truck, are your tags going to be any cheaper? I just assumed that it would be classified as a car.

Honestly dont know if its cheaper...this is my first "truck".

I just looked it up and as of September 1, 2011.. Cars and light pickup trucks are $52.75.

I just looked it up and as of September 1, 2011.. Cars and light pickup trucks are $52.75.

Thanks. I didn't even realize there had been a change, maybe because of the county taxes...

Anyone by chance know how to remove the front 9" Ford emblem from the 2013's? I have a Sport model in Tuxedo Black and would like to install new black emblems in place of the traditional blue ovals. I can easily remove the 2 speed nuts on the back side but something else is holding it on. Not sure if there are clips or a nut that I can't access from the hood latch area? Wanted to check before I resort to drilling out the center of it to see what gives!!!

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Back