• Register Today It's free!

All mazda navajos

mazdanavajo

Reaction score
City, State
Colorado
Year, Model & Trim Level
91' Mazda Navajo
i am looking for ideas to fix up my 91 mazda navajo. i have seen "rios" but not much others, anyone with a vehicle like mine or a 91 ex sport.. please send links and pictures thanks

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

...There are a number of Navajo's here and a quick search will find a couple in the "Feature Truck" section...;)

dude there's tons of first gen explorers (same as Navajo) on here, my 2 included. just search around a little you'll find heaps of pics n' stuff.

my personal preference, is no more than 4" of lift, 31" tires, custom bumpers front/rear, and a detroit locker in the rear.

here's my stock-height '93. the rear springs are in need of replacement so it's sagging a little in the back.. but you get the idea.. 31" tires.
PICT0071.jpg

i'm also working on building another first gen (a '91) which will be similar, except a 4 inch suspension lift (and supercharged 3.8, among other trick stuff)

you looking to fix it up for on-road or off-road driving?

I have my reason why i say no larger than 31's and no more than 4" lift. which i'll give if you're interested. of course not all agree with my philosophy. basically in a nutshell, more than 4" lift gives TTB geometry problems, body lifts are stupid, and tires larger than 31's won't fit in you're wheel, so they're going to rub and have other problems.. who wants a truck that can't stuff the tire? not me.

it is gonna be a daily driver so ya i wouldnt do over 4" lift most likely... nice ride!!! those are 31"???? look a little smaller than i was hoping mine would look... thnx for the help..

it is gonna be a daily driver so ya i wouldnt do over 4" lift most likely... nice ride!!! those are 31"???? look a little smaller than i was hoping mine would look... thnx for the help..

31's yeah, well that was the old set they were pretty warn out, so maybe they were work down to 30's haha..

ya probly so haha, u commented on my other post as well, the angle in that picture did make the tires look a bit larger.. thanks for all the help man, where would you say the cheapest tires are??? i heard from discounttiredirect.com from a few people...

ya probly so haha, u commented on my other post as well, the angle in that picture did make the tires look a bit larger.. thanks for all the help man, where would you say the cheapest tires are??? i heard from discounttiredirect.com from a few people...

i've found the little hole in the wall shops have the most competitive prices. just call a few and ask.

as for brands of tires, and how long they last, remember it's sort of you get what you pay for, the expensive ones last way longer than the cheap ones. any of the "soft" rubber tires (such as boggers) will also wear out quickly. big tread pattern also = faster wear, and increased friction (worse mpg). i think AT's in the brand of you're choice is a good compromise though.

Back