All Season Tires | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

All Season Tires

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

all terrain? I've had good luck with BFG All terrains and also Mickey Thompson, gotta say the M/T's beat the BFG's hands down though. It's the sidebiters. They are a bit pricier though. I had the BFG's on my 98 F-150 and took them off-road occasionally, never had a problem with snow in those tires or the M/T's (havent had a chance to really test out the Micket Thompsons in much snow yet though)

------------------
Matt Adams
94 Explorer 4-door nick-named "Tippy"
http://bart.is-s.com/~explorers/explorer/explorer.html

Matt,
I may be a little confused here but I think he's asking about all-season tires, not all-terrain, which are two different categories of tires?

------------------
Gerald
"Nerves of Steel; Brain of Chipmunk"
~~~~~~~~~
'99 Eddie Bauer 4x4 4.0L SOHC-mods listed in my Explorer Registry post 7/8/99
Dead Link Removed "What the heck is he doing out here in that thing?"

[This message has been edited by GJarrett (edited 03-03-2000).]

yeah you may be right...

------------------
Matt Adams
94 Explorer 4-door nick-named "Tippy"
http://bart.is-s.com/~explorers/explorer/explorer.html

MrSteve,

I just got rid of a new set of the Mich LTX M/S tires in favor of the BFG AT ko's 31x10.5. I also wanted a more agressive look.

I found the LTX to be fairly hard riding and they seemed to hydroplane fairly easy.

Hope this helps.

hg

------------------
'91 EB, 4dr, 2wd

Mr. Steve;
I just got rid of my Firestone Wilderness AT's and just put on LTX M/S. Did you use the P version or the LT version?
--DuaneD

I just got rid of a new set of the Mich LTX M/S tires in favor of the BFG AT ko's 31x10.5. I also wanted a more agressive look.

I found the LTX to be fairly hard riding and they seemed to hydroplane fairly easy.

Hope this helps.

hg

[/B][/QUOTE]

Back