All Weather floor mats | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

All Weather floor mats

Attached should be a picture of what I ordered and received.

That's a terrible fit in the front driver's side mat. You got the wrong model year.
I suggest going directly to Husky's site, and putting in your model year. Double check the model number they give you with the one you got. They're going to be different -- they have to be.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    92.6 KB · Views: 226

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Attached should be a picture of what I ordered and received.

Well, I guess I'm wrong. Or the manufacturer is wrong to say that that front driver's side mat fits a 2016.

It fits perfectly in my 2015. Your pictures seemed to show that it doesn't fit perfectly in your 2016.

Maybe WeatherTech has a better fit for the 2016 model.

As for the rear cargo mat, I'm glad to see what it looks like before I order one for my 2015. I may just hold off.

Which all weather mats?

2015 Explorer Sport with the 2nd row captains and the console. Weathertech is not an option as I had a poor experience and will not patronize their business again. Other suggestions?

Shumax

I have husky for both front and center and have had no issues with them.

I could not find an option, from Husky, that worked for the captains and center console. Does that option exist and I missed it?

I could not find an option, from Husky, that worked for the captains and center console. Does that option exist and I missed it?
Are you referring to the 2nd row console between the bucket seats? I've always used Husky liners as the fronts provide better coverage.
BTW, there are several threads on floor mats/liners.

Peter

Yes. I would have the two captains in the second row, with the console in between them...

Does that fit one with the second row buckets and the console?

The 2nd row has bucket seats. Captain's chairs have armrests.;)

I'll probably order it next month.

I have the same setup with bucket seats and console. I pulled the console to see how easy it was for when we have two kids in car seats and plan to use it as a pass through. I plan to just trim some holes in it to cover the carpet holes and put the console back in if it reaches that far. Most the stuff from husky I've used fits around everything quite well.

My dog is getting big and normally I put a dog cage in the back of my Explorer. I'm getting tired of doing that so I was going to pull the trigger on a Husky rear cargo mat for like $120. Then I found this entire 5 piece set of floor mats from Motor Trend for $60 bucks. Granted, I like Husky a lot better. My carpets are starting to get worn out. Vacuuming them is a real pain. Some of the dirt is too stubborn to get out. The dog hair in the back is becoming a pain to try to vacuum. Now the entire rear will be covered and I'll solve the problem of the front and 2nd row seats as well. All will be much easier to clean. Let me know what you guys think of these findings. It was either spend $60 bucks or several hundred for a complete high end set.

Hi Bob. Seeing where you live there probably isn't a need to have the mats extend up the sides. That is the one difference I noticed when compared to the Husky liners. Also, the Husky liners are a digital fit to the vehicle. I think that those mats should do the job that you are looking for if you don't need the middle of the 2nd row (hump)covered. If you do get them, please post back with your thoughts.

Peter

Hi Bob. Seeing where you live there probably isn't a need to have the mats extend up the sides. That is the one difference I noticed when compared to the Husky liners. Also, the Husky liners are a digital fit to the vehicle. I think that those mats should do the job that you are looking for if you don't need the middle of the 2nd row (hump)covered. If you do get them, please post back with your thoughts.

Peter
I wanted them to keep the sides from scuffing. Plus these Motor Trend ones can be cut to fit. So if there's anything I don't like, I can easily cut them. And for $60 to do my entire SUV from front to back, it's a no brainer. I have no idea how they make money selling these things. The shipping cost alone eats up into the profit and I get free shipping with Prime. Money well spent for all the stuff I order from these people. It rains and I track in dirt all the time. So I wanted the Husky. But to do the entire SUV from front to back in all Husky is several hundred.

Back