Alright guys, Here they are!!!! | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Alright guys, Here they are!!!!

I don't have any before's, but everyone knows what a stock 1995 explorer XLT looks like. Enjoy the afters!

View

View

View

The BFG's, looking good:

View

Here are the yellow rimmed Hella Black Magic's:

View

View

And finally a NICE stuff of the rear tire:

View

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

stocker xploders

To any body with the stock suspension or the torsion lift: How far can you go off-road. My friends want me to get my stock 95' off road, but i am wondering the limits of my vehicle. When time/money permits i am going to do the torsion lift. so if anybody has had there xplorer off road reply what you got yourself into.

PS: NIIIIICEEE RIDEZ EVERONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I've gotten pretty rowdy in mine. I've been is some pretty serious mud. Mainly now I take it in sand since I'm going to school here at the beach. I haven't gotten stuck in the sand yet, I guess the tires and the 4wd have done their job. I wish I could find the pictures of the day I took it out and it was so muddy you couldn't tell what color it was. Oh well. I say go for it with your friends. Just KNOW YOUR LIMITS!!! Don't get into something that could cause you some serious problems. Good luck.

Originally posted by Rob Slade
The best wax you can use is called Zymol. It is available at any Wal-Mart and it also won the best in Consumer Reports magazine. Hope this helps.

Is Zymol better than Zaino? Anyone have any comparisons?

Nice Wheelin. More guts and I have I think.

Hey Rob- this is Marc- did ya get those shackles yet? I just found your pics. Truck looks great! I also go to college at CCSU in CT....

Later

Marc,

I got the shackles yesterday. I'll post some more pics when I get them on. Thanks.

as far as how far you go offroad on a stock explorer davesexplorer, you'd be surprised at what it can handle. if i ever finish messing with my web site, you'll see some pretty high three wheeling action with 15" tires on it. the suspension is pretty good, and the 4 wheel drive is excellent. for some descently soft sand, i only had to let my tires go down to 30psi and i didn't get stuck, well i almost got stuck once, but that was because not all 4 wheels were on the ground. hopefully i'll have some pics up soon.

Originally posted by Rob Slade
The best wax you can use is called Zymol. It is available at any Wal-Mart and it also won the best in Consumer Reports magazine. Hope this helps.

How does that wax compare to the stuff from Zaino Brothers? I always heard it was the best.

Thoughts?

I asked this very same question earlier in the thread, but it seems to have been ignored.

Sorry guys, I never meant to ignore the question, I've just never heard of that particular wax before. The only reason I tried Zymol was because consumer reports rated it number one in their testing. It really does a great job of taking the surface scratches out and if you follow the directions on how to apply it and everything, you can't beat it's shine and look. If I hear anything else about that wax that you're talking about I'll let you know.

I doubt that the Zymol question got ignored. It is probably that no one who has read this thread knows. For someone to answer it they would have to have used both products. My question concerning Zymol would be if it is a wax. In that case, even if the finish is as spectacular as Zaino's, it wouldn't last months like Zaino does and you would have to keep reapplying it to keep its shine.

And no, I don't know the answer to your Zymol question either. What I do know is that I've never seen a finish better than Zaino's and once it is on you can put thousands of miles in months of driving through any weather and road grime and it is still on. Any wax will age, wear, or melt off long beforehand.

my experience with zymol is that you put it on, car/truck looks great. one rain or carwash, and it runs off onto the ground right along with the water. i have never gotten any kind of longevity out of it. i haven't used zaino, but with all the testimonials on this site, it must be amazing. i use meguiars #16 paste wax. hard to put on, hard to take off, lasts several months without any sort of reapplication. oh, by the way, i have been detailing cars since i was twelve. i'm thirty now and i have tried numerous other products, and have found meguiars to be fool proof to make vehicles look awesome. different strokes for different folks. rob likes zymol, i like meguiars, gerald liks zaino...try something for yourself and see how it does for you. it's all personal preference.

whoohoo, another meguiars fan. hey drmoore, do you just use the paste wax, or do you add a coat of caranuba wax on top of it. just curious because people call me insane when i do two coats of the stuff. keeps my car free from scratches, specially after driving on narrow trails with tree limbs sticking out, the scratches just get the wax and polish coat, so all i have to do is buff it out.

no, i just use the #16. whenever i get scratches i just break out the trusty milwaukee variable speed rotary buffer, some meguiars #2 and #3 and finish it off with some more #16. which waxes do you use? have you tried the #16?

i haven't tried the #16 yet. i'll have to look into that one. i usually just try and get something with a high % of caranuba wax in it. my friend's dad had some that i used to get from him, and i can't remember the name. one weekend i'll have to go down there and ask about it. i get caranuba wax because it kinda acts like a second clearcoat, protecting the paint in a way, so small scratches will just break through the layer of wax and leave my clear coat intact.

Originally posted by Blue Steel
i haven't tried the #16 yet. i'll have to look into that one. i usually just try and get something with a high % of caranuba wax in it. my friend's dad had some that i used to get from him, and i can't remember the name. one weekend i'll have to go down there and ask about it. i get caranuba wax because it kinda acts like a second clearcoat, protecting the paint in a way, so small scratches will just break through the layer of wax and leave my clear coat intact.

Thanks anyway.

Back