• Register Today It's free!

Alt siren speaker locations

Medic531

Reaction score
City, State
Moore, Oklahoma
Year, Model & Trim Level
2019 Explorer 4x4 XLT
I rather not unbolt the push bumper and have to sever the wires to the lights to put a speaker in. Has anyone tried placing a speaker anywhere else without taking the front end off?
Im trying to avoid mounting it to the push bumper as its kind of clustered with stuff already. Ideas?

Thanks

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Whelen makes mounts that place the speaker just forward for the front wheels behind the bumper. I had it there for a little while but the sound didn't carry far. But if you were behind me you could hear the siren/horn just fine.

Did you have to take th bumper off or just the inner fender? is it the one shown on the retrofitter guide?

The bumper stays on. You just take the screws out of the wheel well and you should be able to access it.

Thats great.. if anyone has any pics that would be great. THANKS Asull85 for the pointer

Did you have to take th bumper off or just the inner fender? is it the one shown on the retrofitter guide?
Which side the driver side or passenger side?
Also I went under the PIU and couldn't see anything because they have everything blocked off.
I didn't take the inner fender off so I will wait to see what side I should take off.

It’s the drivers side, but it really kills the output, I would recommend the push bumper if you have the room, or, remove the cover and hang 2 off the re-enforcement

It’s the drivers side, but it really kills the output, I would recommend the push bumper if you have the room, or, remove the cover and hang 2 off the re-enforcement
I don't want anyone seeing that I have the air horn or speaker hooked up! I think the PD might frown on that!
So... Lets just say it is there and it is hooked up. Behind the cigar lighters is where the plug is for the speaker (black tape on the plug).
Do I just hook up to that or does that go to the 14 pin plug? That means I would have to buy the female for the 14 pin plug.
No biggy there because I know how to put the pins in. Is there a schematic for those 14 pin plugs?

I don't want anyone seeing that I have the air horn or speaker hooked up! I think the PD might frown on that!
So... Lets just say it is there and it is hooked up. Behind the cigar lighters is where the plug is for the speaker (black tape on the plug).
Do I just hook up to that or does that go to the 14 pin plug? That means I would have to buy the female for the 14 pin plug.
No biggy there because I know how to put the pins in. Is there a schematic for those 14 pin plugs?

You need that 2 pin connector if you are going to use the factory wiring in the left front of the car.

Www.Fleet.Ford.com and you can find the upfitter guide for your model year car.

You need that 2 pin connector if you are going to use the factory wiring in the left front of the car.

Thanks!
BTW
Marauder: As in the Benjamin Marauder by any chance???
Edited:
Just got the upfitter Guide - HOLY COW! All KINDS of info there! Thanks a heap!

Sorry if I'm completely clueless, but how would I go about finding the 2014 PIU upfitter guide on Ford Fleet's page? I have found other thing on it, but can't seem to find this one.

Sorry if I'm completely clueless, but how would I go about finding the 2014 PIU upfitter guide on Ford Fleet's page? I have found other thing on it, but can't seem to find this one.
If it's not of Ford's site, google it, there was someone on the web that had downloarded all of them, for the most part, 14 shoulkd be the same as 15, and probably the same as a 19.

Back