Alternator not charging | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Alternator not charging

Pirate explorer

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
2000 5.0 explorer
I have a 2000 5.0 awd the alternator quit working so I replaced it the new one I got was a reman and it was bad also when it was tested. I had the new tested before I left the parts store it was good I put it on and it would not charge I put new battery cables on. The cable from the alt. to the battery is good I have power there the chilton book says to check the plug coming out of the voltage regulator there should be 12 volts coming out of one wire and 1 volt out of the other when the key is turned on I have the 12 volts at the one for 12 but nothing coming out of the that is supposed to have 1 volt please help me find the fix so my alternator will charge

Flip the panel off on the drivers end of the dash, check all the fuses, cant remember which one it is but if the battery light on dash has blow the alternator wont charge the battery!

Search the forums for 175 amp mega fuse. It is in the fuse box under the hood NOT in the fuse box on drivers side dash. I had this same problem on my 1999 5.0 awd.

Back