Am I wrong here? Please read and give me your opinion. | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Am I wrong here? Please read and give me your opinion.

Status
Not open for further replies.
When you buy something you expect for it to be 100% operational unless otherwise noted, that is just the way it is.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

OK, what the heck. Here is the part.

This is what he showed me for sell, $25 shipped.

21512Center_Console_Piece.jpg

As soon as I pulled it out of the box, I saw this!! Took this picture and sent it to him immediately. But it's not his fault. It is the person who sold it to him!!

21512Console_CupHolder.jpg

Now if you look real hard in the first picture, you can see that the tab is missing. But I did not know I had to look that "hard" at it for any problems.

After looking at the pictures it doesn't look like its a big deal after all. Sorry. I'm sure you could fab something up to make it work. This is not to say you are wrong to ask for your money back. That request should still be honored because IT IS defective.

My personal feeling, for $25, he can't let his name to be tarnished. So I suggest that you just pay up!

I think that he should have pointed out that the tab was partially missing.

If he didn't actually know (it seems pretty obvious from the second pic, but not the first) then he should offer to take it back and refund your $.

He could still resell it if he clearly points out the broken tab, but he may need to lower the price since it is not "perfect"

When selling a used item, it is customary to describe the condition including anything which needs repair or modification to work as intended.

X~FACTOR said:
After looking at the pictures it doesn't look like its a big deal after all. Sorry. I'm sure you could fab something up to make it work. This is not to say you are wrong to ask for your money back. That request should still be honored because IT IS defective.

My personal feeling, for $25, he can't let his name to be tarnished. So I suggest that you just pay up!
This is a pressure point tip. It has to be made durable to hold the console down in place. I don't think this is a piece for some super glue. Beside, why should I have to even worry about it? It shouldn't have been broke. If I was told that this was broke, do you think for one second that I would have paid him for it? no way, I would have turned it down and looked elsewhere. No one wants this console cup holder broken the way it is. The best place for this is in the trash can so no one else get's burned with it.

BBQ HotDogs: Whether you get your money back or not you've gotta post this guy's name. If you don't it will only encourage others who are irresponsible or dishonest to prey on other members. If you want to be discreet about it and not name the person in the forum e:mail those of us who are interested! Thanks, Hope this helps.

I am trying to give this 22 year old kid every opportunity to make this right. I see him on line now and I watched him from the "Who's Online Forum" and I know he read my PM's. So I am just waiting now for him to either make the right move, or just ignore this request. If I do not hear from him, I will reveal everything tomorrow night. I just want him to know that I DID give him the chance to make this right first.

I Never Do This But (the Yelling Part) But I Want Everyone To Read This. I Don't Know Who Sold That Piece And It Wasn't Me. However, I See Nothing Wrong With What He Did. If I Had Received That Piece For 25 Dollars I Wouldn't Have Been Angry. 25 Dollars Is A Cheap Price For That Piece And The Damage Isn't Visible Etc. Post His Name If You Must, Take His Money Back If You Must, But Know That Imo This Doesn't Make Him Immature Or A Bad Person And That I'd Still Do Business With Him.

But he knew that I wanted that piece to send to Pheonix Imaging. I can't spend that kind of money to get it done on a part that is not 100%. Scratches, cuts and things were acceptable. A broken part that secures it down is not, IMHO.

is the one in your truck now damaged? not that such a thing would make it "ok" but im just wondering it it would be that simple a solution?

usually they are hard to find that arent scratched and thats what most people want, and they don't care about the clips. I know i personally cut the clips off of the piece in my car a long time ago (the ones that are missing on yours) because i was modifying it to fit some switches an things in that region to no ill effect.

Expo5.0 if you see nothing wrong with selling broken stuff and not telling the seller its broken then I got some stuff I think you would like to buy.
The real worthless **** I'll only charge you 1/2 price.

IMO it doesnt matter if its $250 or $25 or $2.50. You should get the item as described or your getting defrauded.

Ronnie, name his name here' this forum does not need bad transactions. Let others be aware of who this fellow is.

Good luck......

i'm not condoning selling broken stuff, and the people i've sold things to in the past can back that up.

i'm just saying that tab maybe isn't worth this much of a hassle. This isn't a situation where the person should be majorly publicly called out and stoned. just one where a short ans simple description of the transaction and the "problems" with it in the transaction feedback forum would suffice.

It's the principle of the thing. An apology and a refund will suffice. Kapisch? I know I'd do at least that much without throwing the blame on someone else.

expo5.0 said:
I Never Do This But (the Yelling Part) But I Want Everyone To Read This. I Don't Know Who Sold That Piece And It Wasn't Me. However, I See Nothing Wrong With What He Did. If I Had Received That Piece For 25 Dollars I Wouldn't Have Been Angry. 25 Dollars Is A Cheap Price For That Piece And The Damage Isn't Visible Etc. Post His Name If You Must, Take His Money Back If You Must, But Know That Imo This Doesn't Make Him Immature Or A Bad Person And That I'd Still Do Business With Him.

He sold the man damaged goods. It is his responsibility to make things right.

Indeed, what he did was wrong, dishonest and despicable.

Its not the money, it the principal.... he was dishonest plain and simple....

The person who sold it should refund the money and take the part back he should man up and accept that he sold something that was broken, where he knew it or not. That being said, BBQ I think you are over reacting(maybe it's from the shop taking so long?) and taking it out on him. Honestly, it's a $25 transaction with a broken part. This is too much for something so small.

BBQ, it is respectful that you gave the person time to make good on the bad deal and not post his name. if he honestly didnt know about the broken part when he shipped then thats one thing. but if he knew about it and didnt say anything then thats a whole nother boat. that shows he willfully with held that info to get you to pay for it. either way, that part looks useable and the broken clip wont even be noticed when you install it. besides its temporary. Now the fact that he is ignoring you is a whole other story. he should be in constant contact with you to let you know whats going on. i say if he dosnt get in touch with you, post his name. but if he is keeping in touch with you, keep his name hidden so as not to ruin his reputation. your choice, you gave him time to make good on the deal, if he dosnt, oh well. good luck.

sean

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

XLT4X491 said:
man, i would make a great detective. haha

I know what you're sayin.

This sort of thing happened to me once. Well, I guess I did something like this. I bought a '96 Explorer GEM off eBay. Figured out I needed one from a '97. So I put this one back on eBay. Sold it and shipped it to a guy in Sweden. About a month after I sent it, he finally got it.. then emailed me and told me if was broken. So I instantly paypaled his $20 back and apologized. I never tested it and I listed it as a working unit. Just as it was listed when I bought it. But I'd rather sacrafice the $20 than screw some dude in Sweden and get negative feedback.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back