Am I wrong here? Please read and give me your opinion. | Page 5 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Am I wrong here? Please read and give me your opinion.

Status
Not open for further replies.
yeah, i'd pay for it. That way everyone can come out fairly. At this point i don't see you two coming to any kind of a happy agreement, and i don't want to just come in here and spout my ideas without also suggesting some sort of a solution.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

To jssong, Please read all of this;

This has gone on long enough. It's over dude!! You Win!! Hope you are proud!!

But I have not told you everything, but then again I shouldn't have to. You want to know why I busted off on you over such a small pissy amount as $25? It should not matter nor should I have to explain, but please read on.

It's hard to deal with people over the Internet, because you can't see there faces or know the situation they are in. As you know I am an older dude. I try to be cool with everyone, always giving the benefit of the doubt. I tried to keep this as private as possible with you. Most people that really know me just say that I am just too "easy" going for my own good. But that's OK, that's me and it won't change even for you.

On Super Bowl Sunday, the day the Tennessee Titans were playing the St' Louis Rams, I had a serious fall on a ship, the T/V Jo Cedar. They spilled lots of lube oil on there deck and did not properly clean it up. To make that story short, I stepped in it, fell and was badly injured. A career ending accident. I sued. I won. I received several substantial awards ordered by the courts. Put most of it in a money market account, stinking lousy interest rates now and then I took part of that money, after I discussed it with my wife and kids, 20K to be exact, and decided that I could do anything I wanted to with it. In other words, "blow it". Well I decided to "blow it" on my 98 Explorer. Everyone decided that it would be a good idea to get my mind off everything that had happened to me just recently. What all happened to me you ask? Well while I was on disability, I didn't feel good, felt like **** to be 100% honest with ya. Felt real tired all the time. Went to my Dr and was diagnosed with Bladder Cancer and Hepatitis C. I have gone through 3 knee surgeries, 5 back procedures, with the next one coming on June 25th I believe, 4 bladder operations, and 3 different types of treatments with daily and weekly injections of Interferon (sp?) for Hepatitis C, now that is some serious medicine. Went from 220LBS to 145lbs in a short time. This is not your problem. I do not want your pity here. But I had no plans of just giving any of that money away to just anyone for nothing. But I felt that is what you tried to do to me, get something for nothing. I live on a fixed income now, Social Security. It is no where near the money I made when I worked, and one day, maybe I can work again, who knows. So, did I over react on you? Maybe, has anything been done by you to resolve this issue? Nope. I hope some day when you get older, and retire and receive nothing but SS income to live on, you will remember this day, the day you screwed me out of a lousy $25. They say what comes around goes around. Maybe you needed the money worse than me, I don't know. To be honest, I don't even care now. To you, $25 is probably a couple of 12 packs for the weekend, but not to me. It is the piece I needed to get fabbed from Phoenix Imaging to make my truck look just a little better.

Jeong Song, I certainly hope you are proud of yourself. May God Bless You.
Your familiy must be proud....

I have nothing further to say. Case closed.........................You Win!!
End of discussion.............

BBQ,

I have been making runs to the salvage yard here for items for myself and others. I'm going next week. If you still need a piece, PM me with the details and I'll be sure to check for a complete one.

I have a feeling you want the cup holder piece (I didn't check the pictures as I am on dialup and they were loading). The tabs on the top are notorious weak points when Explorers are in any type of accident. Most of the people who have requested such pieces have been out of luck as I spot the cracks/missing tabs in a second.

Anyway, if this is what you need, let me know. I'll see what I can find this time around.

PM sent.
Thanks

Ronnie, ever hear from the dude who stiffed ya?

No, it's a closed case. He chose not to do anything. So that is the way it will stay unless he has a conscience.

I have on question why is it you did not file with PayPal. you would get your money back? Just a question.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back