• Register Today It's free!

amp and sub question

pinto21632

Reaction score
City, State
redbud,illinois
Year, Model & Trim Level
98 explorer
i just bought a dual voice coil audiobon 10" sub and a 4 ch sony explode xm554zr amp 600 watt amp bridged 2 channels but i get very little bass out of the sub i dont know what to i never messed with a 4 ch amp before is there anything i can do to make it work or do i need a 2 ch amp i dont know i have very little money so a friend sold me the stuff very cheap so if i need a 2ch amp i will have to save up to get it or if i can find some one to do a trade .

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

make sure you have the amp bridged correctly, one bridged channel running to one voice coil on the sub, the other bridged channel running to the other voice coil.

If you mix up one of the positive and negative terminals on the amp or the coils, the signals will be almost cancelling each other out.

The 4 channel amp bridged to 2 channels should be fine for a dual voice coil sub, but the sub might not be dual 4 ohm coils. If it's dual 2 ohm coils it might be putting too much of a load on the amp, if it's dual 8 ohm coils it might not be getting enough power.

'amp and sub question'

we bridged the coils on the sub then put one sub wire on the - on the amp and the other wire on the +

the guy that hooked it up run a wire from one side of the sub to the other to bridge the sub then run 2 speaker wires out to the amp i only have 2 rca plugs so we bridged the rear 2 channels one wire when on the + of one ch and - on the other ch he dont know why its not working right because he said he had it hooked up that way

the guy that hooked it up run a wire from one side of the sub to the other to bridge the sub then run 2 speaker wires out to the amp i only have 2 rca plugs so we bridged the rear 2 channels one wire when on the + of one ch and - on the other ch he dont know why its not working right because he said he had it hooked up that way

make sure that the wires that run from each side of the sub run + to + and -to- do not mix match them and then run normal speaker wire up to one side of the sub and connect + to + and - to -. then run the other end of it to the amp.

thank u i will look at it tommrow if it still dont work im thinking it will be time to shop around for a new amp

main factor in the output of a speaker is the enclosure...not the amplifier

Back