• Register Today It's free!

Amp, HU, need help installing

endoni

Reaction score
City, State
Astoria, NY
Year, Model & Trim Level
'95 Eddie Bauer
I just bought an Alpine T130 2 channel amp and a Pioneer DEH 1400 HU for my 1995 Eddie Bauer. I have a factory Premium Sound system. I am having a very difficult time installing the amp properly. I removed the factory amp and left the tuner in the back (I am pretty sure the other box in the back panel is the tuner). I am not sure where the wires from the tuner go into the amp and I don't know where the sub connects to on the amp. Also, there are 2 wire harnesses on the head unit. I seemed to have figured out the power harness as my new HU turns on but I can't configure the speaker wires properly. I am very interested in doing this myself but have had no luck. PLEASE HELP ANYONE!!!! I need to know where the wires go on the amp and what speaker wires go to each speaker. Also I need to know how to reconnect the power antenna.

I'm confused what you are trying to say. Does your factory system have the subwoofer? If so that other box is the amp for the subwoofer. If you are trying to take the wires form the factory system and mount them to your new amp, then you are going to have to cut the factory harness that plugs into the bottom of the factory amp. You don't have to worry about the top part if you are going to run RCA cables to your new amp from the HU. Others might be able to help you with a wiring diagram that shows which colors go to which speaker. Good luck and if I am way off base let me know

i didn't notice that there were two amps, one cotrolling the speaker and one controlling the subwoofer. i think i figured it out. I have seen many worong diagrams but none seem to match what I have in my head unit. Thanks for your help!

Back