Amp/subwoofer location? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Amp/subwoofer location?

K

Kris Guilbeaux

The factory size speaker is a 6x8 most companys make a 6x8 infinty dose make a 6x8 2way. The ones I bought are the pioneer 6x8 3ways with a sony head unit JL stealth box and an orion amp. The head pushes the 6x8 and the amp runs the sub. The head is a 40wattsx4 so the head has enought power for the speakers.

i bought everything from cruthfied except the amp and the sub. The amp is in the back passengerside panel it will have be disconnected if you don't have the JBL system.

You can see pictres of my system on my page...

------------------
Kris Guilbeaux
--
http://www.tisd.net/~guilbeau/explorer.html

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Kris, thanks for the info. I checked out your site, too. Do you have 4 6x8's? I'm assuming all 4 doors are 6x8 speakers. Did you choose to keep the grills off, or did you just take them off for the pictures? Hey, where was the original factory sub located in the JBL optioned Explorer? Thanks man!

(I've got a '92 XLT 4-door)

From reading the posts below, I see there is a factory Subwoofer and amp for those models with the JBL premium sound. I don't have the premium sound, I've got the next-best tape deck. Does this unit have an amp as well? If so, where is it?

I have 2 Punch 45's, and plan to buy an in-dash CD to run the front door speakers, run the rear door speakers with one punch 45 and the other Punch 45 for a sub. Definitely on a budget, here. What size speakers are in the doors?

I will check Crutchfield next, but I'm interested in who makes a good sounding "factory replacement" door speaker. I've always liked Infinity in the past...

the grill was off for the picture. I Do have the 4 6x8s two in the front doors and two in the back panels, I don't have rear doors Dead Link Removed The JBL factory sub is in the same spot as the aftermarket sub I put in.

------------------
Kris Guilbeaux
--
http://www.tisd.net/~guilbeau/explorer.html

Hey I have the JBL premium sound but I upgraded. I left the oringinal deck in there and bought a amp kit and 1 JL Audio 12 inch sub. I put my amp under my back left seat and ran the wires under the seat to the back. I have a 94 Eddie Bauer. Before i bought my sub i replaced the front door speaker with pioneer 6 1/2's. They are the best you can buy in my opinion. You can carry on a conversation with my sub thumping hard. I left the back door speakers and when I want more bass just fade it to the back more. Hope this helps give me a holler if you would like me to help you.

Holy back from the dead.:D

the amp for the jbl premium is only a 75 watt amp from what i hear . if you want its a good place to put upgraded amps in if you take out the whole amp n sub.
i replaced the sound in my 93 eddie bow wow with four 6x8 kevlars and 2 premiers 12's and a sony xplode 1000 watt amp. the 6 by 8's are curently being made so that the grill it somes with can show and not the factory grill whihc in my opinion looks boring the two twelves have a box to match the interiors carpet n vinyl. i wish i had a pic

Originally posted over 4 years ago...

Look at the dates.

Back