Amsoil Dry Air Filter or Intake kit | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Amsoil Dry Air Filter or Intake kit

kpilk43

Reaction score
City, State
Concord,NC (Charlotte Area)
Year, Model & Trim Level
'07 Limited V8 4x4
Hey guys, I'm new to the Explorer and need a little help. I have been researching different mod ideas for my 2007 Ex Limited 4.6L to help fuel mileage mostly and any performance gain is a plus(esp. while towing my camper). The first thing I wanted to do was an intake kit but cant see paying $200-300 for a family vehicle. I was leaning towards the kkm setup but I like the idea of the oil free Amsoil filters so I was thinking one of those and new maf hosing from napa would be a good bit cheaper but I cant seem to figure out which one fits my truck does anyone know the part number for the one I need? Also if anyone knows which one a 2000 4.0 Ranger would take I would apprieciate that too? If any one knows of any other options besides this or a kkm or k&n kit I am open to any suggestions. Hoping to do this this week Thanks for any help.

Hey guys, I'm new to the Explorer and need a little help. I have been researching different mod ideas for my 2007 Ex Limited 4.6L to help fuel mileage mostly and any performance gain is a plus(esp. while towing my camper). The first thing I wanted to do was an intake kit but cant see paying $200-300 for a family vehicle. I was leaning towards the kkm setup but I like the idea of the oil free Amsoil filters so I was thinking one of those and new maf hosing from napa would be a good bit cheaper but I cant seem to figure out which one fits my truck does anyone know the part number for the one I need? Also if anyone knows which one a 2000 4.0 Ranger would take I would apprieciate that too? If any one knows of any other options besides this or a kkm or k&n kit I am open to any suggestions. Hoping to do this this week Thanks for any help.

At most some are seeing .5-1 mpg difference. Given the cost/ life of the upgrade. You will NEVER get your money back or receive a savings that exceeds the purchase price.

Back