Another Magnetic ST Ordered | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Another Magnetic ST Ordered

As always, thanks blwnsmoke. I didn't know that scheduling also came to a halt during shutdowns. My dealer told me that none of their Explorer orders were pulled this week. Thanks for confirming that. I'm thinking the UAW contract expiration (9/14/19) and associated negotiations may/will be coming into play. Oh well.

Just an FYI, Ford didnt pull orders again this week to schedule.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

So does that mean they are pushing scheduled orders through the line and storing and when those scheduled orders are done they have a plant shutdown? Have you heard anything else about what the hold is for (missing just-in-time parts supply, software issue solution load, etc??).

So does that mean they are pushing scheduled orders through the line and storing and when those scheduled orders are done they have a plant shutdown? Have you heard anything else about what the hold is for (missing just-in-time parts supply, software issue solution load, etc??).

No clue, there is an inventory manager at a dealership that posts the weekly production update so I just get it from him

Thanks. Even if it's not the best news, it's good to know. I won't need to call my dealer this week. He'll appreciate that!

I got a status report from my dealer today. I have a VIN and my Explorer is scheduled for the week of 9/23.

I got a status report from my dealer today. I have a VIN and my Explorer is scheduled for the week of 9/23.

What state are you in?

Have my Vin. On recall stuck in NJ yard.
Wondering when I will get. Noticed dealer not far away has
2 ST's with Vin's just 30 numbers away from mine.

VINS do not go in order down the assembly line so it really means nothing.

I'm in Missouri.

I have my initial Magnetic in MI if you want one now. It has the Track Pack, tech and moonroof. I also have my 2nd magnetic being built the 20th that you could have with the Street Pack instead of Track. You can get it under invoice..

I have my initial Magnetic in MI if you want one now. It has the Track Pack, tech and moonroof. I also have my 2nd magnetic being built the 20th that you could have with the Street Pack instead of Track. You can get it under invoice..

Thanks blwmsmoke. You've definitely got the new car buying process down to a science. I'm locked with my current dealership as I traded in my Flex on the day I ordered the Explorer. I got a reasonable price for the Flex. Certainly not private sale price, but good enough. My only options are the tech package and floor liners. (I ordered the splash guards which already arrived and are sitting in my basement waiting for the Explorer to arrive.) I did get X-plan pricing through the Mustang Club of America.

Again, thanks for the above info as well as all the other informative posts. And by the way, congrats on your Explorer. It looks great!
:chug:

My window sticker showed up today (9/17/19) with a blend date of 9/24/19.

Delays are due to quality issues...they are being shipped 200 miles away for repairs

Not all of them. I expect mine to arrive pretty much on schedule.

Delays are due to quality issues...they are being shipped 200 miles away for repairs
Most of the latest orders seem to be arriving pretty much on schedule.

Peter

My ST arrived at the dealership this afternoon. Picking it up this evening.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Here's a summary of my ST order:
6/28/19 ordered
8/8/19 scheduled to week (9/23)
8/16/19 scheduled to day (9/24)
9/16/19 sent to plant
9/17/19 window sticker appeared on Ford's order tracking website
9/26/19 produced
9/26/19 released for shipment (convoy)
9/27/19 in transit
9/30/19 delivered

I purchased my ST the day it was delivered to the dealership. Thus far I have 3 issues to resolve with the dealership: a clicking in the steering column when adjusting vertically, no ST logos on the floor mats, and FordPass can't locate my parked ST. I'm assuming these are relatively minor issues easily resolved when I take it back to the dealership next week.

Good luck to everyone awaiting arrival of your orders. I'm thinking 6 to 8 weeks from order to delivery should soon be the norm rather than the exception.

Back