Another MFT/SYNC crash... | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Another MFT/SYNC crash...

MFT Issues

May very well be that there is more than one bug causing problems, and that the bugs are triggered by a number of specific factors (ie. only when ambient lighting is on green, and have switched from phone to nav within the last 5 seconds - or something else as equally strange)

I'm looking to buy a new Explorer but it pains me to read all about these MFT issues. I used to own a Blackberry that used to freeze up, lag, and crash all the time and the only way to restart it was to pull the battery out, completely unacceptable. I now have an iPhone and it simply works. No crashes, no bugs, it works. Being somewhat tech savy my biggest fear would getting the new explorer and have to deal with blank screens and reboots.

Being that its already July i'm told if i put an order in it would be for a 2012.

In all honesty, do you think these issues will be recitfied in the 2012 model. How could they not? All the great reviews they've gotten so far will soon get squashed with user reviews that indicate otherwise. :(

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I'm looking to buy a new Explorer but it pains me to read all about these MFT issues. I used to own a Blackberry that used to freeze up, lag, and crash all the time and the only way to restart it was to pull the battery out, completely unacceptable. I now have an iPhone and it simply works. No crashes, no bugs, it works. Being somewhat tech savy my biggest fear would getting the new explorer and have to deal with blank screens and reboots.

Being that its already July i'm told if i put an order in it would be for a 2012.

In all honesty, do you think these issues will be recitfied in the 2012 model. How could they not? All the great reviews they've gotten so far will soon get squashed with user reviews that indicate otherwise. :(

For the record, I have had only minor issues and had to pull fuse 29 to reset the system exactly once in almost 3 months of driving. I like the MFT system and I like the explorer. Still, after 3 months, look forward to driving it home from work - almost the favorite part of my day (seeing my kids is #1).

Like JRM, I have had very minor slowness issues, have never pulled a fuse or removed the battery cable. With about 7K miles on it since April, I would compare initial quality to my Acura or Honda when they were new. Having driven it round trip to Florida on vacation and terrible stop and go commute in Houston, I look forward to driving the truck every chance I get.

Just pick up my new 2011 Ford Explorer Limited 4WD and had the same problem. Black screen, no AC, no sensors, no radio, phone or Nav. They reset the system but not sure how many more times this might happen.

Mft went black

Well after waiting 5 months to get my truck and having only 550 miles and jusyt got done working a 11 hr day. I couldn't wait to get in my x and drive home. Well i get in and guess what my MFT is black. Nothing working no NAV,PHONE,RADIO not even my back up camera. Can anyone help with this. TY

Well after waiting 5 months to get my truck and having only 550 miles and jusyt got done working a 11 hr day. I couldn't wait to get in my x and drive home. Well i get in and guess what my MFT is black. Nothing working no NAV,PHONE,RADIO not even my back up camera. Can anyone help with this. TY

If it doesn't come back the next time you start up, the "official" recommendation is to pull and replace fuse 29. If that doesn't work, then you can disconnect and replace the negative battery cable. If neither of those are successful, you have to go to the dealer.

...Good luck. Oh and if you need to, you can always Private Message Cory (Username: FordCustSrvc) - he works for Ford and monitors these forums and has the ability to escalate issues up the chain of command at Ford and has helped many Explorer owners on this site.

-J
Thanks for the great recommendations jrmexplorer! Our In-Vehicle Technology team will be posting here to help as well! They will assist with any issues including SYNC, MyFord Touch, and Navigation. I wanted to take a moment to pass the word along, so you can welcome them to the community!

Cory

Back