• Register Today It's free!

MFT Sync Farce

misea1212

Reaction score
City, State
Seattle WA
Year, Model & Trim Level
2011 Explorer Limited
MFT/Sync is just to darn unstable on my X. I have a later build with V 2.8. Phone still disconnects and has problems reconnecting. Today the audio went off after the vehicle was parked for a few hours and master reset was performed because nothing else would work. Phone would not connect and turning up the volume on FM radio displayed "phone volume" (go figure. Audio would still not kick in until the ignition was cycled a few times. This system has plenty of random hickups all the time and it needs to be fixed by Ford. Nav is out of date also. I see additional complaints on the other Ford forums as well. Otherwise the X is real cool and, so far, no other major vehicle problems. The technology was a selling point for me and I would hesitate to buy another Ford at this point Sorry to say...

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I have to be honest. The MFT problems confuse me to no end. Myself, and many others have had little to no hiccups in it's use. Others report back like it is the worst thing ever. Mine has rebooted once (it is supposed to every 24 hours of use...just not supposed to be seen by the user), and I had a little BT problem on the second phone (which makes me want to complain again that Ford skipped putting a multipoint BT chip in!), but other than that...flawless. I am not even in a hurry to move off 2.4 since I have seen nothing in the new versions to make me bother.

I'd like some real detail on when things happen, and what you are doing at that time. Not that I can likely help, but I just don't get it...

MFT/Sync is just to darn unstable on my X. I have a later build with V 2.8. Phone still disconnects and has problems reconnecting.
So what kind of phone do you have? Is it on the compatibility list?

My iPhone has been pretty trouble free, though it did get a little confused last night. The problem corrected during the call.

I did have to do a "Fuse 29" reset last week. It's been working fine since.

I have V2.4 and it has been virtually trouble free. In the 2 months that I have had it, I only had a couple of minor hic-cups with the Nav that cured themselves. Although BT has had limited use, there have been no problems at all so far.

My big question. How do you find your version of MFT? I just got my X last week. It's been working great so far. But I haven't been able to use syncmyride because I have Internet Explorer 9.

I'm using iphone4 and haven't had one issue that wasn't corrected by resetting my iphone. Sometimes when I download music I find that I need to turn off the bluetooth and reboot iphone before turning bluetooth back on and getting in the X.

So what kind of phone do you have? Is it on the compatibility list?

My iPhone has been pretty trouble free, though it did get a little confused last night. The problem corrected during the call.

I did have to do a "Fuse 29" reset last week. It's been working fine since.

I have a Blackberry 8900 and according to the customer service , it is on the comapatibility list and is "solid".

As for under what conditions these problems happen, it usually upon startup. For instance everything thing is fairly normal and you go in to the store and upon return no audio sometimes and other times the phone is disconnected. Doing a master reset may or may not aid the recovery. There are other problems which are also intermittant and not readily reproduceable..

My big question. How do you find your version of MFT? I just got my X last week. It's been working great so far. But I haven't been able to use syncmyride because I have Internet Explorer 9.

I'm using iphone4 and haven't had one issue that wasn't corrected by resetting my iphone. Sometimes when I download music I find that I need to turn off the bluetooth and reboot iphone before turning bluetooth back on and getting in the X.

I am using internet Explorer 9 and I have no problem with syncmyride.com.
Did you click on the compatibility view symbol in the address bar?
It turns blue when on. Mine is on for syncmyride site. Found out if a web sight is not working right switching to compatibility view solves problem.

I am using internet Explorer 9 and I have no problem with syncmyride.com.
Did you click on the compatibility view symbol in the address bar?
It turns blue when on. Mine is on for syncmyride site. Found out if a web sight is not working right switching to compatibility view solves problem.

IE9 won't let many download the sync status checker. My dealer downloaded it for me and confirmed the issue with sync support. It was run and a vehicle health report. The X should be on syncmyride tomorrow.

I appreciate your reply. I spent around 2 hours playing with IE9 settings before I gave in and called support.

Back