Antenna alternatives | Page 4 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Antenna alternatives

I got a e-mail back from them today and I'll be placing my order.

I searched on the net and the forum for paint codes and couldn't find them so I called the dealer. They gave me a paint code of U6 for red candy. I don't believe that is the whole code. I sent this information to VG so we will see what they come back with.

I think that could be it judging by this website:
http://www.automotivetouchup.com/choosecolor/choosecolor.aspx?year=2011&make=Ford&model=Explorer
This is what I went with, however I don't see any red's on there. But just the fact that some colors are just 2 digits, I think you got it. VG is pretty good at this stuff anyways, so you should be all set.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Placed my order on Fri for one. They mailed back quickly saying it will be two weeks to receive it. It's being shipped to a buddies house for me to pick up after I sign the bottom line on the X. The 17th can't come soon enough for many reasons.

You'll be home soon. Enjoy the x, it has been great so far, of course it's in the shop, for a better detail, they are fully polishing (more) the rims. Have not received my order yet, maybe by weekend.

Just ordered one today. So far, quick response. Will wait for shipping.

You'll be home soon. Enjoy the x, it has been great so far, of course it's in the shop, for a better detail, they are fully polishing (more) the rims. Have not received my order yet, maybe by weekend.

It still can't come soon enough. Being that my special order X is listed on the dealers website someone else may be driving it first. :mad:

For 80 bucks I might order one for my Mazda 6.

My antenna was shipped today, so maybe mon or tues. I can install the shark

Just received mine today. Thats 10 days from date of order!!

Looks great, unfortunately, I can't install it until I get the X back from the shop.... I love being rear-ended :(

Mine was delivered yesterday also. I think I remember ordering it on the 18th of Sep but I'm not sure. Still, it was about two weeks. Now all I need is a X to install it on.

Delivered in about 9 days, that's not too bad, installed it in about 10 min. Looks great, color matched perfect. Had the x at the dealer last Friday, all the service folks were gawking at the antenna, were did you get the part from? A new owner who was picking up their new x also inquired, I pointed them to our forum, the dealer folks, I'll get back to ya.

Wow, just got estimate back from repair shop, I got rear-ended just as I was letting off the brake to excell from a stop. Other vehicle jumped the gun and went to soon, so I don't think they were going more than 5-10 mph max. Over $6k to repair :( have to wait minimum 15 working days IF there are no delays getting the OEM parts from ford. Most expensive single part is of course the rear lift gate at $1300

i can see why it's so expensive....rear sensors, rear camera, power liftgate, LED taillights, etc...

Just fitted mine. Very easy install. Here's the before and after:

6315951883_ea64b547ef_z.jpg

6315952133_f3b3464d6c_z.jpg

6315952395_939e3465ab_z.jpg

Apols for the dirty X - I might get around to washing it tomorrow ...

Nice, looks good. Are those Ford's cross bars on your roof rack?

I ordered it also yesterday...

it's wondering me how long does it need to Switzerland...

Give it two weeks

Back