Antenna alternatives | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Antenna alternatives

Just got mine in the mail last night, so yeah there still Operating ;-)

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Hmm, thanks. I wish they'd answer their email sometime soon. You would figure that an email sent the other day would have least gotten a reply by now. Maybe I need to look elsewhere.

Mike I also submitted a order yesterday and have not heard back yet. I am assuming its a smaller shop so maybe they went on vacation.

Surprised at what I felt was a slow reply from Visual Garage I went looking around for other sources and what I found was that Visual Garage is offering the best price around, especially being painted to match your vehicle!! So, I shut up and was patient. I'm glad as they finally got back to me this morning, 8/3, and I have completed payment so now I hope to see it in about 2-3 weeks! Now if I can just find backlight kickplates for the front doors and teardrop DRL's for the headlights I'll be happy!

I hope now that we purchased we might get a slightly better update on when it will ship, but at this point, I'm just going to figure two weeks and wait for a surprise in the mail!

Just asking- when someone does an install, maybe someone can do an install write-up with pics? That way members who are not so sure of their skills will see what they're getting into...

I installed the Visual Garage antenna and I'm very happy with it... Took about 30 mins with no issues... I would recommend them to anyone...!

no ford listing

tried to order, no model listing for ford?

So far I have to say that I am quite displeased with this company and am ready to file a non-receipt of good with PayPal. I don't know if this guy is a one-many company or extremely busy, but his communication is pretty poor. Took my order on the 3rd, emailed a two week lead time but mine would likely ship out sooner. Wednesday of this week said it would ship this week. Wrote him Friday asking what's up, stating I am unhappy with a two-week promise but then no follow-up communication on shipping.

Today is the 21st. No email on the item shipping, yet it is two weeks and four days from the order. If it's not on my door by 9/3 then I'll file with PayPal on a non-receipt of product.

At this stage, I would not recommend this guy to anyone. He may simply be overwhelmed but if you are a business person, you need to stick to your word and you need to communicate, neither of which seem to be happening.

Mike let me know when you receive it, I want to order one also?

Inexcusable Delay

After voicing frustration with the delay since they certainly are not writing to me first, I was told by Arthur that there was a problem in painting and my antenna was delayed. I was asked if I wanted to cancel or get expedited shipping. My question was how long until it ships?

So, ordered on the 3rd, told two weeks lead time, then told last Friday which would have been the 18th, now told this Friday, the 25th.

I wrote back telling him to please keep his word and expedite shipping and to please send me a tracking number when it ships. Furthermore I told him I needed it no later then Thursday of the following week due to a trip.

I will repost with any changes to this situation.

Arthur wrote back about an hour ago and confirmed that as he put in an email, the antenna will ship out this Friday and he will expedite the shipping to make sure I have it prior to Thursday night. He also said he will have a tracking number that will be provided to me.

Next update in a few days I hope.

P.S. I hope this antenna is worth the wait!!

Arthur wrote back about an hour ago and confirmed that as he put in an email, the antenna will ship out this Friday and he will expedite the shipping to make sure I have it prior to Thursday night. He also said he will have a tracking number that will be provided to me.

Next update in a few days I hope.

P.S. I hope this antenna is worth the wait!!

Thanks for keeping us updated. I want one of these also.

Me too, I guess I should order now so it will be here when the ex arrives

ordered

ordered my mark II yesterday, got a reply today, should be here in two weeks.

Flobes:

Don't get your hopes up on two weeks. I'd be willing to make a bet with you that you won't see it that fast. When I ordered mine I got an email thanking me, telling me they had a two week lead time but that they were going to try to get my order out quicker. My order was placed on the 3rd, acknowledge the 4th. It is supposed to ship tomorrow, August 26. That isn't exactly two weeks at my last count!

I received my email today providing me the USPS Priority tracking number. I think that puts it here in about three days or so. I'm hoping Tuesday or Wednesday I will see it and can report on the color match.'

I am a little dismayed however, that in the email they asked if I would be kind enough to send them pictures of my vehicle. Hmm, let's see. They promised two weeks. Two weeks went by without any communication about a delay. I contacted them to find out that it got messed up in the paint shop and would be delayed. They said they would expedite it, which means USPS Priority. To mean it means Fed Ex 2 or 3 day. Oh, and they were kind enough to ask for pictures?

Again, hopefully it will be a perfect color match and a good install, I will definitely let you guys know. At the very least I am letting you guys know from my experience that if you want one of these, you'll need more patience then I have.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I got the same email today. I ordered a day after you did on the 5th, and now I have a tracking number. I "guess" both of ours were messed up in the paint shop therefore causing the delays. I will post some pics after I installed mine.

Back