Any bored CO guys? Lets wheel this weekend. | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Any bored CO guys? Lets wheel this weekend.

hvac man

Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Rifle, CO
Year, Model & Trim Level
93 Sport
Hey guys I am thinking of doing a local trail over here on the western slope called Battlement Mesa Trail. I want to go this weekend if anyone wants to go. The trail is about 3hrs. west of denver on I-70 and 45min. east of Grand Junction. If there is any intrest let me know.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Let me know where and when you want to meet and I'll be there.

meet

Hey guys I'd love to go but im stuck in Dallas awhile more. I moved to Aspen last May and had to 4whl by my self all summer. I had to come back to BIG D in Nov, after a week long (short cut) thru MOAB! :D :D I mt bike too. I think I saw one of you mention that in another thred somewhere?Im going to try to go back sometime next month for a couple of months to escape the heat.
mrboyle your truck looks familiar did you go on the 01 or 02 Moab trip? Im Gerald's brother, my 91 4dr 4x4 is stock on 30s but Ihad no trouble at all doing Top of The
World in Moab and Pearl Pass between Aspen and Crested Butte. When I get back up there we can have
that Western Slope meet and greet!! Oh I've been wondering about that Moonscape, East of Grand Junctionwhere the dirt bikes and 4wheelers play, whats it called,and are our trucks allowed? Gotta go for now I
hop to meet yall late July or August,

David Jarrett

bAD timing:
I am moving this weekend, then I also have my Aunts 50th B day on Sat, and my best friends wedding rehearsal dinner Sunday + moving.
then next week I have the wedding on the 2nd and I leave for the Flaming gorge on the 3rd, coming back the 9th.........I am on vacation until the 14th, so the weekend of the 12th would be perfect!!!

:)

Almost got all the bugs worked out of the new suspension too.................. damn

hey boyle if you want to go lets meet at the wendys parking lot right off the hwy in parachute, sound good to you?

410 some of us guys are going to do a trip up the holycross trail for an over nighter if you are interested in that. I have never been but I have heard it is one of the better trails in the mountains. Let me know

David,
We met last year at Moab. Let us know when you get back in town and we'll try to hook up. As for the area near Grand Junction you are referring to, I don't know if it is open to vehicles, but there is a similar place north of the airport that is open BLM land and free game for anyone to run on. Its kind of like a mini Truckhaven.

Hvac,
What time?

Sorry Mike I must have been smoking something when I replied earlier. I was trying to say Wendy's, Sat. 28 at 9:30 am. Is that good for you? I am currently trying to recrute some other vehicles to go so if you know anyone that would be intrested tell them to come. Other wise it is going to be you and me. :)

CO has much fun..

Fellas-
Don't know if I can join you this trip out, I promised my roommate one last hurrah of camping before she's off to our northern neighbor Canadia...

However, I have a 4x4 Ranger XLT that's getting beefier (and costlier) all the time. I MUST leave town on the weekends to prevent brain damage. Please PM when you're doing runs... i'm up. I'll keep checking here to.

You name the place in CO. I like to drive and camp.

Well then you should come and camp, Drklawz. Any way I post just about every time I am going wheeling so Keep your eyes open.

cant make it this weekend, but the weekend of July 12th I am all over it if anybody wants to go wheeling.......

Lets do some harder stuff, it seems I have wheeled everywhere but in Colorado :)

To far west of Denver for me right now... If you start doing runs that I can get to the trailhead in with about an hour of driving I'll join you on some of them...

Maybe some more East slope day-trippers?

With H's comment in mind, maybe those of us here in the urban corridor should try and pull off a few day-trippers... There are some decent trails in range no doubt?

New thread!

Hvac, I'll see you there.

Great Mike, I'm looking forward to it.

Back