Any firewall holes on the passanger side? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Any firewall holes on the passanger side?

Jason94sport

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
City, State
FL
Year, Model & Trim Level
04 EB V8
On a 94. I need a hole into the engine bay on the passanger side firewall area. I'd rather not drill. I took out the glove box & all I saw were the AC/heat components. The hole on the drivers side is all stuffed.

Thanks

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

lots of holes in that area...pull of the kick panel where the passengers right foot would be. two screws and a plastic rivit. Your computer will be right back there along with some holes..

Bump.
I checked by the ECU & didn't see any holes.
If there are none, where's a good spot to drill a hole in the passanger side of the firewall?

there should be a big rubber grommet right in front of the ecu, run the wires through the grommet, or, there are alot of holes below your steering wheel... also you could drill a hole about anywhere on the firewall and be ok, you could even go to the parts store and get a grommet if you wanted to

the main computer harness passes through the firewall on the Pass side. You can drill right next to it.
remove the inner fender liner and you will have a straigt shot. I have a 2 gage power wire along with a gagillion other aftermarket wires going through a nice rubber grommet in a 3/4" hole I put in there years ago.
For a small wire you can likely get away without drilling....

351wExplorer said:
there should be a big rubber grommet right in front of the ecu, run the wires through the grommet, or, there are alot of holes below your steering wheel... also you could drill a hole about anywhere on the firewall and be ok, you could even go to the parts store and get a grommet if you wanted to
Hole needs to be around the glove box area. I'll take the ECU out & see if I can find that grommet.

Holes

I just put an amp in, and i didnt see any hole except one that was where the passenger's foot would be, and it probably isnt good to have people steppin on ur wires all the time. i suggest just drilling one on the left side above the passenger's left foot

I gave up on the passanger side. I crammed the wires through the already stuffed hole on the drivers side.

i drilled a huge hole underneath the drivers side in the firewall and put my 0 ga. through that and pulled up the carpet and ran it down the side of the truck to the back then sealed up the hole in the firewall with foam first then trimmed it down and siliconed it waterproof.

Back