Any ideas on how to eliminate wheel hop? | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Any ideas on how to eliminate wheel hop?

Last thought from me. Since you had the diff out, are you sure it's nice and tight after reinstalling it?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Last thought from me. Since you had the diff out, are you sure it's nice and tight after reinstalling it?

Yes I am I went through a final check thoroughly before buttoning it all up to make sure all of the spacers are on right and stuff.

I will l try all this stuff but it is going to take a few weeks if I need to buy parts and stuff because I really only have time to work on crap on Saturday.. (mechanical engineering classes require a lot of time!)

For now though I will make sure everything is installed right and I'll fiddle with the tire pressures a little.. I hate resting it though cause I don't want to constantly brake stand my truck so it's like I want to see if it is still hopping yet I hate to test for it lol.

What brand struts do you guys think are best?

Dumb question maybe, but if you aren't planning on doing burnouts often, why are you worried about throwing time and money at something that isn't a big problem?

Yes I am I went through a final check thoroughly before buttoning it all up to make sure all of the spacers are on right and stuff.

I will l try all this stuff but it is going to take a few weeks if I need to buy parts and stuff because I really only have time to work on crap on Saturday.. (mechanical engineering classes require a lot of time!)

For now though I will make sure everything is installed right and I'll fiddle with the tire pressures a little.. I hate resting it though cause I don't want to constantly brake stand my truck so it's like I want to see if it is still hopping yet I hate to test for it lol.

What brand struts do you guys think are best?

Dumb question maybe, but if you aren't planning on doing burnouts often, why are you worried about throwing time and money at something that isn't a big problem?

I'm not planning on spending money on anything I don't need. Reality is, I do need new struts anyway (at least that is what you are saying) so that is something I would do. If it fixes it great if not...as long as I know the vehicle is 100% then I don't care.

Does that make sense????

You should fix wheel hop because it's a sign of a problem. And not only is annoying when you're trying to have fun, it could be dangerous. It'd really suck if it starts hopping when pulling into traffic. And something breaks...

I'm not planning on spending money on anything I don't need. Reality is, I do need new struts anyway (at least that is what you are saying) so that is something I would do. If it fixes it great if not...as long as I know the vehicle is 100% then I don't care.

Does that make sense????

Totally, and agree. Misunderstood your last post I guess.

I do see that Monroe/Rancho do a buy 3/get 1 free special once a year..usually around October but occassionally at other times too. Might be something to keep a lookout for. Rockauto will show it as a rebate in their catalog when you pull up the strut assembly section. With the 5% discount on top of it, it's a good way to save some money if you don't need to change them out right now.

Totally, and agree. Misunderstood your last post I guess.

I do see that Monroe/Rancho do a buy 3/get 1 free special once a year..usually around October but occassionally at other times too. Might be something to keep a lookout for. Rockauto will show it as a rebate in their catalog when you pull up the strut assembly section. With the 5% discount on top of it, it's a good way to save some money if you don't need to change them out right now.

No problem. I definitley don't need to change them now...but I can feel a bit of bounciness especially with the harsh winter we have had. It sure wouldn't hurt to replace them.

Back