Status
Not open for further replies.

Drg racr

Reaction score
City, State
Dublin, Indiana
Year, Model & Trim Level
2001 Explorer XLT 2WD
I bought a 93 Explorer today, it's got the 4.0L/5-speed manual combo, full power, cloth interior. Rockers are rusty, but the rest looks good. I'm thinking of parting it out. It runs decent, but the guy claims the trans grinds between gears. I haven't committed to parting it yet, if it's worth fixing I may fix it. I don't know how many of you are in Michigan that need parts, so I thought I'd ask.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

michigander here....if you part it i'd like to know what available.

If it's grinding between gears you may just need to replace the clutch parts. If you can't keep it in gear (poping out of gear) then you have other problems.

I'll let you know what I find out.

Sealed the deal, I'll have the truck at my place tomorrow. I'll try to post what's good on it.

What color is the interior

Would you ship?

I probably would ship the small stuff, but the big stuff will be big $$. The interior is the grey cloth.

I can use:

Passenger's side visor
Driver's side seatbelt buckle ass'y
Plastic covers that go on seatbelt buckles (2)
Driver's side seat track (bolts to floor)

Let me know if these are available, thanks

I'll let you know.

I need the on the door panels the pull handle pieces. Driver/Passenger since all you have is grey.

If its 4x4 i could use the switch/vent and the rear 4x4 module in front of the rear washer tank

Thanks

Got it home. The transfer case is shot, it will only drive in 4x4 low. I know it's not the trans. The driver's door panel is broke, and the pass rear panel has a small cut. The others look ok. The headliner looks ok, interior plastic is ok, the pass rear compartment door is missing (where the amp sits). Motor runs good, trans seems good, 125000 miles, all the electronics are there (no check engine light). The hatch has some rust, the whole front clip looks good (small dent on the front of the hood above the headlight), pass tail light broke, all the doors are fair, no dents, just some scale at the seams. All the glass is good, no cracks.
I wanted to convert mine to a stick shift, but it's too much of a hassle I think. All I will use is one tire off this thing. If anyone wants the whole truck, I'll take $525 cash.

Took a good look this am, the rear doors are a litle rusty, but definately fixable. The switch/vent is good, both lights work. The 4x4 module is there, I could pull it. The driver's door pull is broken, passenger side is good (I didn't know they can be removed from the door panel).
Visors look good, seat belts look ok, good plastic and good buckles. I can pull the seat track as well. They are power seats.
The steering column is good, no cracked plastic, tilt works good (no shifter on column). Let me know what else you want me to look at.
The tag reads: Body-K6, Trans-M, Axle-41, Tape-B, Springs-NU, Paint-DA or 53 (Teal). It has the XLT rims (directional).

Found out the rear defrost works, all the guages in the dash work and the A/C Heater control panel is good too. This truck was totally loaded and had a stick shift. Haven't seen too many of those. Get ahold of me here or E-mail me at Bygraceracing@netzero.com if you want something.

Seat cap thingies

I need the front seat caps that hold the switches for power movement and lumbar adjustment. Mine are in bad shape and are Gray. There are just the plastic caps that cover the side of the seat...do you have these and are they in good condition ??

Thanks
Dwight

So the 4x4 module works correctly? Also the switch for 4x4 and low range with the vent?

Mine has a problem where i have to press the switch a few times and i here the module in the back click click click then finally it will engage. Im not sure which is the problem the switch or the module. But anyway how much shipped to 22152 for both?

Thanks

Stevo- As far as I can tell, the module works fine. It engages with one push of the button. Also the switch/vent is fine. I'll check on shipping.
Pdwight- The seat cap on the driver's side has a crack in it (looks like someone jammed something in the screw hole), but the pass side is fine.

Sounds good

I need the passenger the most, how much for both ??

Probbly be as cheap to ship both even cracked !!

Thanks
Dwight

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back