XplorerKid

Rolling on 37"s
Reaction score
City, State
Winter Haven Fl
Year, Model & Trim Level
1997 Xplorer
Hey,

Would there be any interest in a Double tube front and rear bumpers. We will msot likely be using DOM tubing. I dotn plan on these being ready till around end of february. My truck will me The guinee Pig. These will only fit 1st gens that i know of. I dont have a 2nd or 3rd gen to use for a guinee pig.

Im going to try to get these set up two Bracket ways.

one for stock brackets.
And one for 3" body lift.... that way you wont have to run brakets.

So would anyone be interested? Front? Rear? How much would yall be willing to pay for these?

Thanx

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

thought there would be more interest than jsut ... NONE

i just need to know if theres any interest ... do i need to get mine made up first?? if thats the case guess ill get my bro to get his welder setup a lil quicker

PEACE

pics and prototypes count a lot more than words ;)

Originally posted by Alec
pics and prototypes count a lot more than words ;)

well i guess ill get my bro to draw some pics up in autocad....

i was jsut trying to get a price range people would be willing to pay.......

PEACE

PS: some how i knew you would post =)

Feb is a long way away to be sayin when the first one will be done... With that kinda of lead, there will be little interest, and if there is, come that time, I'm sure many people will change their minds.

only reason i said Feb. is because he has a Mini Chopper he is goign to be working on.... im trying to have him get them doen buy end of december, early Jan.

he jsut wants to nkow if there is really anyone interested and a price they are willign to pay so he can see if it is worth his time.

PEACE

I would be extremely interested in at leat a rear tube bumper as long as it would bolt right up to the stock brackets. I have been looking for one for a long time. Once I see pics I can tell you more of what I am willing to pay. Im definitly interested though

we are gunan make them where they bolt right up to the bolt holes on the frame for the stock bumper brackets.

The brackets will be welled on.

like i saide tho, we will offer it with the brackets 2 ways.

1- Stock hieght bumper
2- the brackets mounted 3" higher so you wont have to run the Lift brackets for you b/L....

PS i sure we could do them 2"s to it would jsut be 1" lower

PEACE

I will need stock height because I only have a suspension lift so it needs to be stock height.

Rear Tube Bumper

I am very interested in a rear tube bumper with hitch mount. I put a Duff front bumper with hitch mount on front and had it coated with some spray on bed liner mat'l and it is indestructible. Theirs is 3" dual tube for the bumper and 2" for the hoop. Would like a 3" rear to match the front if possible. But could settle for a 2", just gotta get rid of the stock bumper and hitch-keeps hittin the ground upon re-entry.
Duff is asking $250 for his front and $160 for his rears. Are you going to offer a 2" receiver option-it's just a 2" ID piece of square tubing welded between the tubes.
Duff page:
www.jamesduff.com/broncoII/recovery.html
Please let us know of the progress and availability of the bumpers. I'd also want it bare, no paint or coating of any kind.
Geoff

if thats all it is is a 2" square ... than we could do that... BUT i cant not prommise any type of laod rating.....

and im not sure what size tubing were gunna use yet... but me and hi mare guna ndiscuss it this weekend prolly.... not sure if he got his bender yet

PEACE

how bout maybe a front bumper for a ranger??
is that possible also with a 3in BL

what year ranger?? only test mule ranger i have is a 84' does the ranger use the same bumpers the Explroer does?

PEACE

my ranger is a 93. thebumpers are different from from 84.

i might be interested in front and rear. i'll have to see them first. any possibility on making them chrome?

it would cost a PRETTY penny, but the palce that im going to get mien powder coated at, can do like a chrome powder coat, it will make it look almost chrome, but its no true chrome, or either i could check into to see if thers any chromers in my area, but it would cost alot.........

i hope to have these built wihtin a month, he still working on getting all his tools, and electric ran to the shop

PEACE

so far hes got hsi tube bender, chop saw, drill press, and welder, jsut needs to get power to them

well just keep me posted on the price

could somebody post a pic of the front frame horns on their gen 1 explorer?
i think that they use the same bumper mounts as ny ranger. not sure but i would need to see to be sure.

I would be interested in the 3" tube front bumper for a 91 X with a 3 inch body lift. What style2 are you going to offer (prerunner?) and do you have any idea of the price? I do not want any type of coating as I will do that myself. Thanks

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Rangers up to 92 had the squarish front clip like the 1st gen Explorers and the 93 up Rangers have the more rounded front clip so even if the frames lined up from one to another it might look funny on the later Rangers know what I mean? So in other words, I think a more straight across bumper would have to be made for the pre-93 Rangers and a more rounded bumper for the 93-up Rangers would have to be made to look right.
You could look at the James Duff website to see what I mean and get some ideas. Another thing to consider is shipping on the bumpers, UPS or whoever you'll ship through determines shipping costs on size and weight
(besides destination) so how elaborate a design and tubing size are major factors. Just some things to consider.;)

Back