Any news on New Explorer Headers?

Jornum1

Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Clifton, NJ
Year, Model & Trim Level
1999 Sport 4x4 SOHC
Hey guys, I have been debating what mod I should make. I have about 500 bucks. I would really love headers, but as far as I know, no one makes them for a '99 SOHC. Does anyone know if someone does? I checked about a month after I got the truck, but everyone I asked either didnt have one, or said they were in development. Everyone on here says thats teh best bang for your buck, and I would love to get it. Can anyone help me? Thanks
Jason

------------------
'99 Sport SOHC Auto
K&N FIPK, Borla Exhaust
Bosch 4+'s, Lowered 2 inches,
Eldebrock shocks,
Sony Mobile Es head unit,
Sony 1/2 din Equalizer,
10 disc ES cd changer,
6 disc MD changer,

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Hi Jason,
JBA is the ONLY company that makes headers for the SOHC. They are not cheap $588.00
They have a website but I don't have the url at this minute. You might want to do a search for JBA. I know I got the url off here somewhere. And Yes it is the most bang for the buck. Dead Link Removed

------------------
Happy Wheelin'
Ray L.
97 XLT 4X4 4.0L SOHC
Dead Link Removed

Hey Ray and Jornum,

I have been keeping correspondence with Hedman Hedders for a few months now, and they have been reassuring me that there are a set of headers being developed, and they should be ready by March (which is currently rapidly dissappearing).

You guys should go to their webpage and check it out, and then e-mail the guy and start badgering him to hurry the hell up. www.hedmanhedders.com or www.hedman.com one or the other...

As far as reputation goes, I was reading the Top Truck Challenge in FourWheeler magazine for last year, and most of the entrants had Hedman Hedders on their trucks. This must mean something...although I must admit, I've never heard of them before myself.

AND WHY AM I DOING ALL THE WORK????? I'M ALL THE WAY IN AUSTRALIA!!!!! YOU GUYS IN THE STATES SHOULD BE DOING THIS!!!!!!! Dead Link Removed

On an unrelated note, I got some new 31" BFG Muddies and ARE Baja rims put on my 1998...in a weeks time I'm putting a 2" body lift on her...sweeeeeeet...

Gotta love the humming noise coming from those sweet tures...ahhhh...rubber music...

BK
keeping the funky side up.

------------------
Don't forget to put your pants on.

[This message has been edited by MeatyCrab (edited 03-17-2000).]

Thanks alot guys. I will definetly check it both JBA and hedman out. Do you know off hand if they make them for a '99? Is it the same as for any othe year SOHC? Just wondering. Thanks alot guys.
Jason

------------------
'99 Sport SOHC Auto
K&N FIPK, Borla Exhaust
Eldebrock shocks,
Sony 1/2 din Equalizer,
10 disc ES cd changer,
6 disc MD changer,

well I emailed Hedman this morning, and I was suprised to get a reply this afternoon. Im impressed :) They said that they will have headers for my truck, a '99 sport SOHC. They said they are scheduled for release this summer. The part number is 89610. Good news for us SOHC owners. They didnt give me a price though. So we will see how that goes.
Jason

------------------
'99 Sport SOHC Auto
K&N FIPK, Borla Exhaust
Eldebrock shocks,
Sony 1/2 din Equalizer,
10 disc ES cd changer,
6 disc MD changer,

hey guys go to www.smokindakota.com they have a special on JBA headers right now and those $588 4.0 headers are going for $409 now, i know they are for 91-94 and i believe he has them for all year 4.0 v6 engines. hope this helps.

dodgerr

Hey Meaty,
Long time no see. How are you? Thanks for the heads up on the Hedman headers. Hedman has been around since dirt was invented. I had a set of Hedmans on my 55 chevy (couldn't afford Hooker headers). They are a good brand. I'll have to check them out, and hope they won't be as expensive as the JBA's. Dead Link RemovedHey since you are down under, have you seen anything about the Old Man Emu shocks and springs for the Explorer? Hey, you need to send us some pictures of your rig when you finish. There is another new Aussie guy on the site. That makes 3 or 4 of you. When are you all going to plan a Aussie Explorer run. That would be totally cool! I know I know Australia is huge, but I think you guy could do it. Dead Link Removed

------------------
Happy Wheelin'
Ray L.
97 XLT 4X4 4.0L SOHC
Dead Link Removed

Hey guys,

If the prices of their other (similar) products is any indication, then the price for the SOHC headers should be quite reasonable, like around $150 I think (someone could check a 4wd mag...I'm too lazy to walk over to the other side of my room at the moment - owww...my poor, aching 22 year old bones).

And Ray, as far as OME stuff goes, I think they are just developing a new set of leaf spring packs for the truck (woop di doo)...and I believe they have some pretty good shocks available...but nothing to bother my legendary Koni's... Dead Link Removed

I was reading a local 4x4 mag, and to my surprise they had a feature article on a "customised Explorer"...what a load of ****e! This guy hadn't done anything that I haven't to my truck, and he got his in a magazine!! He even had stock rims and all-terrain tires...that can't count as being modified!! I'm in an outrage!! No matter, they've asked for others to send their rigs in to be featured, and I'll show them how it's really done...which means I can plug this site and get some new members!! Better get some www.explorer4x4.com stickers then...

Anyway, I hope someone can tell me soon how they go with some headers on their SOHC...I'd love to get a set, but it's gonna be a hassle playing tennis with a faulty product trans-continental.

Also, has anyone got that new Jacobs Ignition system for their SOHC yet? I'd love to get that also.

Cheers,
BK

------------------
Don't forget to put your pants on.

Back