• Register Today It's free!

Any news on RANCHO Quick Lift?

joetoyc

Reaction score
City, State
fort lupton CO
Year, Model & Trim Level
2002 XLT
I've gone thru all the treads and seen that many, many of you have had problems trying to order the Rancho Quick lift for 3rd generation EX. I haven't seen a recent thread, though, and was wondering if anyone knows if they are available yet? I've seen them on ebay and other on-line 4x4 web sites for sale for 02-05 EX. I'm months away from being able to lift my 02 EX and am hoping the Rancho QL's will be available. I really don't want to deal with having custom coils made.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I've been keeping up on the threads discussing custom coil springs, and no mention of the Rancho quick lift being available has been made recently. Why don't you want to go with the coil springs? All of the people that have gone that route are satisfied, and if i remember correctly, they spent only a few hundred bucks versus the $800+ for the Rancho.

IMO go with the custom coils. I have heard only good things about them, Im going to be doing it to mine within the next few months.

Because...

I want to get atleast 2.5'' when I lift and as many have said concerning coil springs the higher you go the more ridged the ride get. My EX is my daily commuter and I want a smooth ride as possible. The Rancho quick lift has, if i remember right, nine adjustable setting. Meaning I can have a smooth spotrt like ride when I need, or a more ridged rough ride when I take it up to the mountains. Although don't get me wrong, if when the time come for me to do the lift the rancho's aren't available, I will be going with the coil spring.

As of today, nothing. No Rancho. I have no ride issues, but I only did 1.5" +1.0" w/new tires. And I also don't have oem struts, so I don't know if that makes a difference, but mine is performing as expected, with no change in ride - potholes still bite, but what's new? So what are your plans w/ the lift? Tires, etc...?

ive had my springs for almost two years now and they havent failed me yet... still quite satisfied and my ride isnt really much more noticably rougher... btw i got +2 inches up front

Donner, did you get new struts befor or after you put the springs on? What did the struts and springs run you? Trying to get an idea of what this is going to coast me. I've done quit a bit of research today, looked at all the post I coudl about the coil springs VS the Rancho, and I think I have a better Idea about tire/rim size I'm going with and I think I'm pretty much sold on the coil springs. Just need the cash money now.

I only did the struts because it was time to replace them... but, yes, struts first. It's a long story, but I would have stayed OEM had I'd know what was to follow. The struts caused the vehicle to dip about an inch +, and my vehicle bottomed out. If I didn't need struts, it would have been just the cost and labor for the springs. It was less than $500.00 for the springs, the labor I forget right now... but the struts were a kick in the pants because I bought into the "better strut" nonsense. If you don't need to change struts, don't do it. Keep in mind, the springs will last for years to come... Do you need to change struts too?

Back