Any suggestions for monitors in the truck? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Any suggestions for monitors in the truck?

ringpop1

Reaction score
City, State
Saint Louis, MO
Year, Model & Trim Level
05 XLT
I just got a indash dvd player/flip out monitor for my explorer. I am thinking about putting in other monitors in the back. Some of the ideas that I have is the simple head rest monitors. Second is 2 or 4 flip down monitors and the third which I am leaning towards most is to do a custom install and get larger screens installed into the back of the seats rather then just the headrest. What do you guys think? Any suggestions? If I do the ones that are in the back of the seats, does anyone know where I might be able to get some monitors that are decent size?

if you put them in the seats, the are going to be facing too far down and they wont be at eye level for anyone. unless it is a show truck that people arent actually going to be looking at them except to say, "thats cool, i have never seen that before!", i would go with something a little more practical. i put monitors in my headrests because i think it looks cleaner than having something hanging from the ceiling. but if you get drop downs, usually the come with dvd players built in, so you would get 2 or 4 more dvd players in there.

Back