Any thoughts of trading MY11 for MY13? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Any thoughts of trading MY11 for MY13?

cnsheets

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
2011 Explemoner
With the many issues those of us with 2011's have endured, curious if any of you have thought about trading in your 2011 for a 2013 in hopes that all the problems have been fixed??? I myself have thought about it but the negative financial impact is what would hold me back even though my 2011 is only 9 months old! I think Ford should offer use a deal to trade in to help offset the financial impact.

Any 2013 owners have any reports yet on the issues plaguing the 2011's?? I'm sure it's too soon to report.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

You have a warranty. Get your TSB's done. You'll get hammered on the price delta.

I agree with Bill. Plus, my biggest frustrations are 1) MFT and 2) design flaws - plastic pillars being the biggest. MFT has been revised (I won't say upgraded until I see for myself). I haven't seen a 2013MY yet but unless the plastic pillars have been redesigned, I would never consider trading up.

I wasn't patient enough to place an order so I selected one from dealer stock. I should have ordered one just as I wanted but oh well. Two items I wanted but did not get were tow package (I don't tow anything large, mostly carry bike rack but I like the integrated look and cover that hides the hitch when not in use) and 2nd row buckets seats. I like buckets but did not like that they did not have integrated armrests. I wanted them for the ability to pass through to the 3rd row so the center console defeated that purpose but was the only option for an armrest. I like the design of the Acadia 2nd row buckets.

You have a warranty. Get your TSB's done. You'll get hammered on the price delta.

Agreed, but how many times and how many hours of my time am I supposed to go through to get the same TSB fixed over and over?

Update, just received a call from customer service to schedule another attempt at the a-pillar TSB fix

The dollar hit for a trade will just add to the misery.
Agreed, get it fixed under warranty.

I haven't seen a 2013MY yet but unless the plastic pillars have been redesigned, I would never consider trading up.

They were redesigned, that is the purpose of the tab.

Any 2013 owners have any reports yet on the issues plaguing the 2011's?? I'm sure it's too soon to report.
I have a late build(Dec 2012), and have none of the issues. I would guess the my13 should be fine.

Back