Any way to improve the subwoofer on Audiophile? | Page 4 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Any way to improve the subwoofer on Audiophile?

New to the forum, and I just wanted to say thanks to everyone in this thread

I replaced my head unit, speakers, amp and subwoofer with help from everyone on here. I would have had a lot more difficulty getting panels out and the wiring installed without all the help.

I ended up with a double din Kenwood with BT,USB,etc, Rockford Fosgate 6x8s, Alpine mono amp, and 8" Kicker sub for under $600 overall (way better than the $1200+ install shops wanted!). Best of all, I was able to do it completely stealth and (mostly) in the stock locations! The amp ended up in the storage bin on the driver's side near the tailgate with holes drilled for ventilation.

Good to hear that everything went smoothly.
If you want to sell something on the forum, you'll have to become an Elite member. :)

Can anyone tell me what these wires are? This is the plug going into the factory sub AMP on an 04 EXP.
IMAG0474_edit_1434680790549.jpg

It's kind of confusing. #5 is the heavier wire by itself at the other end and 1-4 are of the same. The OP mentioned how the head unit would not send a bass signal if the factory sub was not plugged in but does anyone know why? I would hate to have the factory amp running just to get an audio signal.

HELP!

I pulled out the factory 8" subwoofer and purchase a JL 8w0 as a replacement based on suggestion on this thread.

However - the amplifier has 2 (stereo) outputs to the factor sub which is labeled as 60w + 60w. THe JL subwoofer only has a single mono connection.

What now? I really don't want to replace the amplifier if I don't have to, but if I only connect 1 signal I'll lose half the power and 1 audio channel?

Back