any way to tell if its a 4x4 by pics? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

any way to tell if its a 4x4 by pics?

ny450

Reaction score
first post and im coming out with a stupid one but this is bugging me enough to sign up to an explorer forum...actually kinda glad i did because this seems like a great place!

anyway short and to the point...i found this explorer for sale today, got ahold of the guy, set up a time to go look at it tommorow night, and completly didnt realize that it says nothing about being a 4x4 in the ad...went to call him back and the shop was closed. i wont be able to call until 5pm tommorow night and it will definitly be bugging me all day tommorow so i figured id ask the experts.....is there any way at all from the given pictures to tell if this is a 4x4 or a 2wd....its so "important" to me because i now dont know if i should take off work tommorow night like i originally planned to go see it....if its a 2 wheel its not even worth going to look at it. HOPEFULLY theres some telltale signs that you guys can see....id appreciate the help GREATLY!

thanks alott
http://longisland.craigslist.org/ctd/1018881542.html

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Yep it is a 4x4, if you take a look at the second to last photo, the buttons to toggle the transfer case from 4x4 auto to 4x4 hi and 4x4 low are on the right side of the stereo.

ahhh you just made my night!! i was hoping someone would be able to tell from the dash pic. now lets see if i can get lucky enough to make it all day without having the truck sold on me...if its available by 5 tommorow night, i just might become a regular around here :)

thanks again man!

I don't think the Eddie Bauers (or all the V8s for that matter) come in 2x4, anyway...

$6.5k... WOW!... :p:

My '03 EB is a 4x2.

son of a *****.....buy that right now it's even got the V8! less miles than mine and cleaner! and I wouldn't even sell mine at that price (though close).

Great looking Ex. I think that color combo with those wheels, for my taste- is the best looking on a Gen 3. Great buy!

Get that shiny armor all off those seats and condition them with leather conditioner.

SON OF A *****!!!

That truck is literally a 10minute drive from my house, and that is a STEAL. Wish I had the money to pick that up for the wifey...

OP, where are u located?

got it for $6k today :):):) what a steal...pick it up tommorow morning...shop needed to get it inspected tonight..gotta do the dmv paperwork tommorow am and ill be driving it home by noon if all is well..im excited..already got a tint appointment for sat. morning and some stuff is getting ordered up on ebay as we speak. :)

thanks for the help everyone

While it's in the shop might as well make sure the rear axle seal isn't leaking or see that the TSB has been done on it.

No sunroof, but not cracks in the tailgate!

Have you switched the 4x4 options yet? Foot on the brake, keep it in Neutral, and switch away! :) Listen for the clunks... How's it feel?

Back