Anybody from WV?? Any good trails you can take a stock '94 on? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Anybody from WV?? Any good trails you can take a stock '94 on?

coloradobound

Reaction score
City, State
Colorado
Year, Model & Trim Level
2002 Tacoma Dcab
Hey, anybody on this site from WV?? Know of any good trails with good views you can take a stock 1994 XLT 4x4 on? Well, stock now. Gonna have 30x9.50's on soon. WOOO!!!! Major mod, right??

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Where in West Virginia are you at? We will be doing something at the GWNF again soon (hopefully) which is right at the boarder between West Virginia and Virginia. Check the "what's up with Maryland" thread.

I'm not directly from WV <my wife's family is> so I'm not sure about the spelling of the following location. Have you heard of Kanawah State Forest? I believe it's located near Charleston. They apparently have trails which encompass everything from the beginner to expect level.

I also second Donkey Boy's statement about another run <hopefully sooner rather than later> to the GWNF.

Mike, I sent you a note but I'm not sure you every received it. Been having major problems w/my PC @ work.

Coloradobound ~ I'll keep checking around and if there's anything I find, I'll send you the URL or name of some places. Where in WV are you located?

Good luck!

I'm in southern WV. Fayette county. Alot of trails around my area, but are taken by "big ol' chevy's". Wanting something with views and not to just "go muddin". I know where kanawha state forest is. Didn't know they had 4x4 trails. Would be interested. Thanks and hope to talk to more fellow explorer people from my area.

Coloradobound,

Fayette county ~ is that anywhere near Boone county or Logan county? My wife's kin is from Man, Logan, and now her cousin lives in Boone county.

Well since those trails around your place are taken by *&@$'s, we need to ban together to show them how the explorer is certainly a more than capable off-road machine.

Keep in touch...

Well, not positive about those counties. But the surrounding counties are Raleigh, Summers, and can't remember the others. Thats bad. I can't remember all the other counties. But there are too damn many old lifted chevys in this area. Explorers are stuck to grocery duty around here. Where are you located? And would like to start off with some light trails without having to worry about damaging my vehicle. I'll have 30x9.50 R15 Pirelli Scorpion AT's on soon. Otherwise, any trails will have to be done on a weekend with school. And will try and keep in touch.

Back