Anybody using FRAM "Sure Drain" system? | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Anybody using FRAM "Sure Drain" system?

Where do you get that Fumoto valve you guys are talking about?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Originally posted by XLT Xtreme
Where do you get that Fumoto valve you guys are talking about?

I found the link from an eariler thread:http://www.fumotovalve.com/

I'm going to try the sure drain a few times to recover my investment, then I might consider the Fumoto if I'm not happy with the sure drain. Again, I think it will probably work ok on the 4.0L OHV because the drain points straight down.

well I got rid of the fram sure drain on Friday when I changed my oil. Sure enough, same thing... This time waited for oil to cool to make sure that wasn't a problem. It drained for a good 30+ minutes before everything finally came out (WAY unacceptable), I then removed the plug and another 2-3 cups of oil came out. Put in the old drain plug, good to go. Fram goes in the garbage.

Originally posted by dogfriend

Robert, do you have a picture showing your valve?

I have a Sure Drain on mine, but haven't used it yet. The oil drain points straight down on the 4.0L OHV, so I don't see how it would have a problem completely draining on my truck.

I can see how it might trap a small amount of oil if your drain points to the side because the oriface is small. I bought one for our Toyota PU, but I'm having second thoughts about installing it because the drain points sideways on the Toyota.

Here it is on my SOHC

Attachments

• 021007 - 003.jpg
    021007 - 003.jpg
    49.1 KB · Views: 362

Uh, i got one, and so far haven't had any problems... I dunno if there's anything left over in the pan, on the early X's since the drain is at a low part, but if not, and a few cups are left, I don't worry, cause mine are all highway miles, and i routinely change mine at 3k...

The sure drain is a lil slower, but alot cleaner... so i don't mind.
Pete

Originally posted by Robert

Here it is on my SOHC

Thanks. I think that it might hang down too low on my 4.0 OHV, but I might get one of these for the Toyota, because its always a pain to change the oil on it. The oil usually shoots out onto the lower control arm and I have to quickly move the pan from out by the wheel to beneath the oil pan as the stream of oil slows down. The Toyota is a 2wd so I wouldn't be worried about knocking it off.

Back