Anybody with a Ramsey winch out there? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Anybody with a Ramsey winch out there?

Dre

Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Chicago
Year, Model & Trim Level
2015 FPIU
I just bought a brand new Ramsey Pro Plus winch for my baby and I'm looking for you guys that installed one on their rig. I just want to see how you did it.

Thanks.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I have a Ramsey Platinum 9500 mounted to the front of my 97, but it's on the Ramsey Serria Wraparound winch mount.
You can see it if you click on Ray's truck in my signature.
Kvo has a Ramsey mounted on his pre 95. It is mounted on a TJM bumper. Here's a picture of his setup.
hhills3.jpg

Here is Rick's old setup and Jack Lobdell(he has a Warn)
ricknjacklrg.jpg

Hope this helps

what I'm looking for is a way of installing it without too much of playing with my front end. I want to put it on top of the frame right in front of a radiator. That would push my bumper a bit but that's OK. Looks like a set-up that Rick has had on his rig would work the best. See, I didn't want to loose my bumper and my push bar.

Will see.

Thanks for the info.

Someone on this board with a ranger made some brackets to mount his winch right behind the stock bumper and he cut out a hole in the bumper for the fairlead. Here's a link to his pictures: http://albums.photopoint.com/j/AlbumList?u=1153055&Auth=false . I don't know if it would work with your though, since you have a bodylift. You would probably need to make some other brackets to lift the winch up.

Well, that's Kampy's rig. I just wheeled with him a few days ago in Attica. I did get a chance to look at his set-up real close. That's what gave me an idea of putting my winch right where he's got his.

Well, I'll get it somehow.

Thanks,

Back