Anyone done a 4.3L Stroker kit on their V6? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Anyone done a 4.3L Stroker kit on their V6?

NHarris

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
City, State
Gillette, Wyoming
Year, Model & Trim Level
04 Wrangler, 08 Ranger
Just wondering if anyone has used the Tom Morana Racing 4.3L Stroker Kit on their V6 engine. I am thinking of saving up the money and having it installed as ~30hp and ~30tq is worth it.
Anyone think this would be worth it?
If needed; I do hope to throw a supercharger on, headers, and maybe a set of cams.

4L%20Stroker%20Kit.jpg

4.3L Stroker Kit
4.3 V6 Stroker Kit
Morana V6 Racing now offers Stroker Kits for the 4L V6 Ford Enthusiast!

Compatible for all 4.0L V6's OHV (pushrod engines only 1990-2001 )or SOHC engines for Rangers, Explorers, new Mustangs

Our Stroker Kits alone, will yield approx. 30+ hp. & 30+lbs. torques.

AVAILABLE 2005-2010 Stroker Kits and short blocks!!

4.3L Stroker Kit consists of-
cast steel crank, forged I-beam connecting rods, forged pistons, performance piston rings, Clevite or SpeedPro rod and main bearings, fully balanced $2,600. US.(for either) kit

Stroker short block- incl. all above 4.3 Stroker components plus, block(bored & honed) assembled- $3,850. US. OHV engines (OHC engines $4,550.

Performance camshaft(your choice,OHV only)add $400.00 US.

Stroker long block or complete also available-prices depending on your choice of head stage.

All short block, long block, or complete Stroker Engines require a $300.US. (core charge)

-Nate

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

That's damn near $87 per HP. It would only be worth it if you need to rebuild your engine.

Also, if any of the guys that have built up their V6 had to do it again.. they'd say go V8. :rolleyes::D

I say boost it before you go stroker though, a lot less work and much more beneficial in the long run.

Here's the supercharged numbers for the V6. I know this is a mustang kit...
mustangtuning_2149_368459024

Looks like 284 RWHP and 300 FT LBS of torque

There is another kit that claims more HP and torque. That kit I have the numbers posted for is 100 hp gain and 80 tq gain at the rear wheels(?).
The other says 140HP at the rear wheels and similar torque.
That would equate to 320(?) RWHP and 340 TQ (?).

Where did that chart come from Nate?

The kit I was referring to results in around a 60 RWHP gain and around 70 RWTQ running around 6 PSI.

That dyno chart for the Mustang must be at higher boost and/or with a manual transmission.

I'd say go with less boost on the 4.0 SOHC for reliability reasons. Seen a number of trucks over at RPS with the 4.0 SOHC get a little ambitious with the boost and it led to bad results. :hammer:

That chart is from american muscle. That model is the X charger. What's the supercharger you were looking at?
Posted via Mobile Device

Back