Anyone have a Draw Tite trailer hitch?? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Anyone have a Draw Tite trailer hitch??

WannaXP8

Reaction score
City, State
St. Louis MO
Year, Model & Trim Level
1998 Explorer
I have to buy a hitch, and I was wondering if anyone has a draw tite hitch? Im thinking of getting the tubular one that tucks up under the hitch?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I dont think there is much difference between brands. My acutall ball and receiver is from Reese, I dont know where the hitch is from cuz it came with the truck when I bought it but it is connected to the frame and it looks like they had to cut some of the bumper in some spots to make it fit.

Just outta curiosity, what are u towing?

Brian

The hitch on my '97 Mountaineer is a Drawtite Tubular Class III/IV. Works great; tough as balls.

I have the same one as jjue. If you like I can post a pic of it if you like.

Im towing a 1983 Celebrity 18 foot open bow boat, the boat weights about 2800 pounds empty, with no gas in it, and it has a 23 gallon tank, so if I fill that, it will weight probably close to 3000 pounds. Ya pics would be great.

I went with the class OOO Hidden Hitcj because I thought it looked berrer.

I have the draw tite class V and I had to raise the back of the X after installing it! :)

Back