• Register Today It's free!

Anyone heard about 3"

B-MAN

Reaction score
City, State
Chico,CA
Year, Model & Trim Level
93 EB
The Rough country 3" is on sale with all the parts for $570. Is rough country any good? I also saw a listing in my Four Wheelerabout the Superlift 5 1/2" for $599 with shocks. That wasn't with the superunner steering but that's a good deal. I just don't know how much that place charges for shipping.

Any replies will help
Thanks

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I like mine, I installed it by myself, in my garage in two days.

What lift you choose is going to be determined by what type of wheelin you do. I just use mine to get to remote camp sites with my family, (I don't like people). If your into serious 4wheelin, rock crawling, deep mud, etc.. then you'll probably want to go for the superlift products, if not and you just want to get a little heavier suspension and install some more aggresive rubber then you can probably go with the Rough Country or James Duff lift options, or a body lift.

Of if you just want to be with the in crowd you'll want the superlift products.

Just my opinion,
FM

Yo B-man,
I got no idea about rough country other than a buddy put on a 3" jeep cherokee lift, and he loves it.

As far as the 5.5 goes....from what i understand, thats just the springs and bare stuff to get your truck physically higher. Still needs (guessing, cause i don't have one) pitman arms, brake lines, etc. There are other threads on it, but i thought that some one said like $1300 all said and done.

------------------
Play like you mean it!
'92 XLT

Susp system...

Hey B'Man, a freind of mine just got his lift from offroadwarehouse.com for his '94 Explorer Sport for about $1250 inc coils, drops, new rear springs, pitman arm, s/s front brake lines and RS9000 shocks. I don't know what he paid for shipping, but his ride is sweet now!!! I just moved into town and a lot of guys here buy stuff from them. I didn't know anything about them 'til I moved here (Colorado)...

THanks for the info. i guess that must be just some base stuff. But the rough country site claimed it was all there. It was a sale. But you can't always believe that. I'll give em a call and tell you guys what they tell me.

here's what I got off the site I still haven't called because this sounds too good to be true.

90-94 EXPLORER 3" SYSTEM for $570

Rough Country offers this greatly reduced 3" Explorer system with front and rear leaf springs, front drop brackets,
pitman arm, all hardware, four Heckethorn shocks and boots. This lift not only improves the looks, but also
improves the handling.

It says all hardware but ???

When I received my lift kit from Rough Country it did have all the hardware necessary to install the lift;
Rear leaf springs
Front coil springs
RA drop brackets
both axle pivot drop brackets
shocks
boots
pitman arm
and all the mounting hardware

One thing I have to say is that it took almost 3 weeks to get all the parts!!

There first excuse was they had to make the shocks, second was the hold up on the rear springs. After I got everything it all went in pretty smooth.

It comes with good instructions and the only item I had to modify was the axle pivot bracket for the right axle arm, (bracket located on the drivers side), it has to be grinded a little to fit in the cross member correctly.

FM

Back