Anyone make a gooseneck enclosed trailer in the 10-16ft range? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Anyone make a gooseneck enclosed trailer in the 10-16ft range?

I have a need for an enclosed trailer in the 10-16 foot range, but I have some wants that no one seems to make in a trailer that size.

Wants:
Gooseneck hitch
10-16 foot deck length
Ramp rear door
Camper style side door (ability to open from inside too)
Two axle
Ability to convert interior to a "living space" when cargo it out

Basically I want something like this, only gooseneck pull.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/UNITED-7x14.../300604951352?pt=Trailers&hash=item45fd738b38

Anyone know of a company that makes something similar to this or even a company that makes a gooseneck enclosed trailer that's not a mile long I can modify for what I want? The reason I want the gooseneck is because I can theoretically pull my boat behind it if I would want to in most states.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Ya, there are some pretty sweet two horse trailers with living quarters about that long, but by the time you figure the cost to buy one, then cut it up and enclose it, I'm better off with modifying one like you posted in the link. That one's in TX though...

It looks like if I want the gooseneck I'll have to pony up for the 16' trailers. I've found a couple companies that make 16' gooseneck models, none shorter though.

Drive to Texas to get it? :scratch:

Yeah 16' and 20' were the smallest I stumbled across. Nothing smaller was gooseneck unless they were livestock trailers.

I guess I could do something classy like buy a bumper pull and weld a gooseneck on it... I do know a guy that did that to a 20ish foot enclosed trailer and it turned out pretty good.

Maybe I should just skip the whole trailer idea and join the bingo bus crowd... this is cheap and local :D

http://desmoines.craigslist.org/cto/3719550247.html

3L13Mf3J65Nf5Ge5K7d42ddd03be391841ed1.jpg

3E33Fa3Je5G25E65M5d426d323552859a19c8.jpg

Depending on your budget I would just call a trailer builder that is local (local enough) and ask what it would take to make one. They would just jig the bumper pull with a gooseneck hitch. Other wise I would weld the hitch on whatever you find.

Here is what I ended up with, a 7x14+V-nose H&H trailer made to order. Ended up dropping the gooseneck dreams because it would have doubled the cost of the trailer. Custom options were the side door with a camper style latch/lock, there's a tinted window on the other side of the trailer, and blue exterior. It also has a ramp rear door and brakes on both axles.

I'm planning on adding a roof mounted AC, cabinets/countertop in the front "V," fold down bed and finish/insulate the interior. Basically turn it into a mini toy hauler.

IMAG0411_zpsef6d8309.jpg

Back