• Register Today It's free!

Anyone try the Mazda CX 9?

flashy09

Reaction score
City, State
goodntough@aol.com
Year, Model & Trim Level
goodntough@aol.com
Kind of nervous after all these problems I have read about with the Explorer. Did anyone try the Mazda? Why did you get the Explorer if so?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Kind of nervous after all these problems I have read about with the Explorer. Did anyone try the Mazda? Why did you get the Explorer if so?

I was also looking at the CX9 but inside and out i like the Explorer better. For me it has more of an SUV look yet its very sleek and somewhat refined. I also like the rear bucket seat option as well as the 5,000 lb towing capacity. The MFT is also very cool as long as it works properly and i sure it'll only get better with updates.

Our previous truck was a CX-9. We still have it for another month as it was a lease. The truck has 24K miles on it and has not aged gracefully. It feels like a truck with a 124k on it. There is really no comparing them.

I would rather have the Explorer.

I was between the Cadillac SRX, Explorer, and the Chevy Tahoe.

I was also looking at the CX9 but inside and out i like the Explorer better. For me it has more of an SUV look yet its very sleek and somewhat refined. I also like the rear bucket seat option as well as the 5,000 lb towing capacity. The MFT is also very cool as long as it works properly and i sure it'll only get better with updates.

:thumbsup:

We almost bought a CX-9 late last year and ended up holding off because we just were not getting the deal we wanted on it.

We are so glad we did. We drove both the EX and CX-9 when we bought the EX. Although the CX-9 is nice and would be less expensive, we just liked the EX so much better. It seemed larger inside and was very quiet. We also liked the fact that it was a newer model that wasn't going to be redesigned in a year or two.

The Mazda is a totally different-feeling car. Just tap on the accelerator and you are gone. It is a VERY torquey engine. That said the only real advantage the Mazda has over the ford is its motor..... I went with the X

jl27 said:
Our previous truck was a CX-9. We still have it for another month as it was a lease. The truck has 24K miles on it and has not aged gracefully. It feels like a truck with a 124k on it. There is really no comparing them.

CX-9 = truck? Sorry, that just made me laugh.

I had one as a rental and the interior just feels cheap. I also hate the red interior lights.

I really thought I wanted the CX-9 until I saw the Explorer. I drove one and felt very claustrophobic in it. Low ceiling bugged me. It was sporty but lots of wind noise. Also huge rear doors were sure to be a problem for kids getting in and out. Very happy with my Explorer. Love everything about it. Now when I see a CX-9 I don't like the look of them like I used to.

I drove one the other night. It's fun to drive and cheaper, but I thought the interior looked cheaper compared to the Explorer and I missed some of the features I would get on the Limited. So back to my original debate of Q5 vs Explorer LTD.

Back