• Register Today It's free!

ARB locker for Dana 35

Shoggoth

Reaction score
City, State
Avon, Co
Year, Model & Trim Level
97 XLT
Just saw this while browsing the 4wheelparts online catalog. How long has this been out? Anyone install one yet? I think my credit card is about to take a big hit!:p:

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

it may be for the dana 35 that comes in the rear of jeeps and other vehicles, not the IFS dana 35 that comes in the front of an explorer/ranger.

http://www.arbusa.com/alac/215110.pdf

link to ARB's app list. page 4 Fords (6 of 12). Looks like they do no offer one for our d35 ifs. Be very nice for us that use our ex's as DD's and be able to have a selectable locker, but $800+ ... man oh man. I guess it would justify a little bit more to maybe keep ifs over an sas.

link to ARB's app list. page 4 Fords (6 of 12). Looks like they do no offer one for our d35 ifs. Be very nice for us that use our ex's as DD's and be able to have a selectable locker, but $800+ ... man oh man. I guess it would justify a little bit more to maybe keep ifs over an sas.

From Page 6

Vehicle - Explorer, Ranger (US), Aerostar (2WD) Shaft Dia. Spline
Axle - Front
Year - 1990-97 29.5 (1.16") 27
Description - Dana 35 (V6 only)
Ratio - 2.73-3.31 ARB P/N - RD103
- 3.54 & UP ARB P/N - RD102

I have sent them an email requesting confirmation/clarification. Just waiting on a reply.
Yeah it's pricey, but I feel that after my Moab trip this week, I'll just have to have one

It says Front axle till 97

Sent them an e-mail for clarification. Just waiting for their reply.

Yes, ARB does have a locker for the D35. I've had one in my truck for awhile now. There are several people on here that I know that had them also. Yes they are spendy, but they are very good and reliable.

Edit: Here's mine freshly installed in my TTB pumpkin.
attachment.php

Was the ranger ttb until 1997? Then that would make sense.. but the explorer is different

Pretty sure rick had one in his ex before he went solid and sold it to Hammer, who had it for a while before he went solid also. I remember I was almost gonna buy it a few years ago from Hammer.

So yeah, they have been out for at least 5-6 years now for the Ford TTB D35

I see they offer it for the explorer/ranger up till 97, but for 98+ it has no part number off to the right. Does this mean they do or dont make one for an IFS explorer?

Back