• Register Today It's free!

ARC Electric lift

Synester79

Reaction score
City, State
Bloomsburg,PA
Year, Model & Trim Level
91xlt & 95 limited
okay gusys and gals I have a 95 limited ex with ARC and have been doing alot of reading about lifting it and it appears that if you do TT and shackles that it will mess up the ride control. My question is for those of you expert electronic and computer buffs is it possible to take the lift you get from the ARC when you put it into 4L and force the computer to give this lift full time instead of using TT and shackles?:help:

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Has anyone thought of this?

Are there NO Electronics experts out there willing to help?:help:

I would say no, as I believe you will still need shackles at the very least because the ARC will only lift to a certain point. You can't make it lift past what it is mechanically possible to do. It's kinda like the old song girls sang while jumping rope, you can't make a dollar out of 85 cents. Because the ARC only stiffens/softens the shocks based on how the computer interprets the road.

yes its possible.

if you look on the driver side front wheel well and on the passenger rear axel you will see the height sensors that tell the computer how level the truck is. You can trick it by hitting the bottom bracket UP wards with a hammer the computer will think your truck is riding lower thus putting more air into your shocks.

That's kinda what I figured....it had to be something with the sensors either tricking the sensor manually or finding the signal telling the computer you put the switch into 4L and force the comp to always think it's in 4 wheel and raise it all the time.:D

the ARC only stiffens/softens the shocks based on how the computer interprets the road.

That's not the ony thing ARC does. When you flip the switch into 4H it raises the ride height 1" and in 4L it raises 2" i'm just looking to force this operation without actually locking in 4 wheel.

That's not the ony thing ARC does. When you flip the switch into 4H it raises the ride height 1" and in 4L it raises 2" i'm just looking to force this operation without actually locking in 4 wheel.

that feature was pointless. If you buy the aftermarket shock from monroe you lose that feature. The shock comes without the wires coming out of the top, but still have the air bags.

Pointless or not I still have the origional shocks with 2 spares so it will work for my application. That's 2" of lift I don't currently have so In the future if I run out of stock shocks I may eliminate them all togeather and go with a traditional shock setup so I can use a normal suspension lift.:thumbsup:

Back