Arizona Run March 16-17 2002 | Page 8 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Arizona Run March 16-17 2002

The subs are a nice Jeasture for Saturday night. Make sure you take a bit out of the deposit to pay for it and make sure you have a definate idea of the number of people that will come over.
On the other hand when we do the Crown King run I would like to eat up there. They have coolest bar/grills up there.

My 2 pennies

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Nah, I won't be taking from the deposits for that... unless people don't show then they will be paying for it :D

Lunch in Crown King sounds good, but I suggest everyone bring some muchies for along the way :D

Well I'm going for sure YAHOO :bounce:

I have no seminars programed and I decided to put off the axle swap till I return. Don't want to take a chance the rig won't be ready.:nono: This is too good to pass up.:D:

I'll be arriving with Paul B., Colin and Winter on Thursday the 14th. and leaving Monday 18th. We'll be staying at the Hawthorn Suites.

Sounds like we have some So. Ca. boys and girls coming along. Ray, Ranger X are you guys going to caravan?

Well see you all soon:thumbsup:

Speaking of caravan...anyone from denver, co springs, pueblo, etc wanna caravan? Lemme know...

Thanks Rick, I will look into Lake Pleasant for camping, and see how it works into the run (to make sure it isn't too out of the way to meet up with everyone). For those coming in from So CA. my buddy is driving up on Fri sometime (he's got a j##p though :) but he'll be driving from the San Fernando Valley, then through on the 10; if maybe he could meet up on the way.

becker69

I too am leaving the San Fernando on Friday and I'm looking for a place to camp.
I could caravan with your J**P buddy. Let me know how to contact him and we'll try to set something up.

Anyone know rich98sport, AZexplorer or eosmotorsports? They have dead e-mail address' and haven't paid registration fees. If I don't hear from them they will be removed from the list.

I haven't heard back from eosmotorsports, from when I responded to his post on this 'trails web portion... so I don't know. Rick, would you have a problem with a good buddy of mine (not an X guy; he gots a J##p :( coming out from CA, and joining us, would you? I was hoping that since he is covering such a distance, and not an X-patron, that maybe the fee could be overlooked?:) If not, I can vouch for him, and my 20 bones is yours. I hope you don't mind. Besides, maybe it can be another opportunity to show a j##per that some of your X's can really kicka$$.!! Thanks.

Check the list!!

If you have been left off the registered list let me know.

Everyone should have recieved an e-mail with itinarary and maps. If you didn't contact me.

Registered Particpants
  1. Rick & Char Horwitz
  2. Jeff Glancy - Jefe Deposit accepted
  3. Alec Rosenbaum - Alec Deposit accepted
  4. Jared Doty - TwoToneFordExpl Deposit accepted
  5. Jeremy Hammer - Hammer97 Deposit accepted
  6. Tom Rios - FAKRWEE -Deposit accepted
  7. Michael Bouknight - Deposit accepted
  8. Douglas Emerson - Becker69 Deposit accepted
  9. Ray Hutchinson - Deposit accepted
  10. Paul Bredehoft - Deposit accepted
  11. Colin Ignacio - Deposit accepted
  12. John Johnstone -
  13. Keven Cross - offroadkc - Deposit accepted
  14. ExplorGM - Rick Gamboa
  15. Mark Strickland & Yolanda Bay - Maniak
    [/list=1]

Unconfirmed - Need to hear from you guys or you will be removed from the list. We need to firm up our plans by March 1st.
    1. Rand Martinez - rockymntnhi
    2. Rod Guajardo - Sinjin
    3. Rich Londot - rich98sport
    4. Adam - Dalrymple
    5. Jason Harris - Godspeed
    6. James Wuertele
    7. Ariel Bilbao - Daemon
      [/list=1]

I was just reading through the Charles Wells book again. I don't know how I missed it, but it appears that State Trust Land permits are required for the Martinez Canyon trail which the big dawgs are scheduled to run on Sunday.

I'll let you make the decision for yourself whether or not you want to get one. They are $15 per person or $20 for a family and are good for a year. I realize that a lot of you are coming from out of state, so it's your decision. Last time we did this run no one had a permit, but we didn't run into any enforcement agencies either.

If you would like to get a permit, you can call 602-364-2753. They will send you the application in the mail I beleive there is still enought time to get this done if you're interested.

Just don't tell them where we're running if you do call or we might end up running into them :rolleyes:

Rick,
Good point on the state land permit. I have done martinez about 5 times, add another 15 runs to coke ovens and box canyon and in all those cases I have never run into any enforcement agency. We also ran into a group of around 25 Hummers going through Marinez and they did not have the permit either. :nono:
It about time for our luck to run out:D
I will get ours sent today.

Last but not least I did the Crown King run with a large group (25 vehicles) a couple months ago. It took me 13 hours to make the round trip. We need to make sure to keep the group moving and set aside rulls to keep the train heading in the correct direction. Another thought was that the reasturaunts ran out of food. We should call ahead and let them know we are coming. If you would like me to set that up I will.

Most of the run is on BLM land where no permits are neccasary. I just mentioned this for everyones knowledge so that ultimately the decision is theirs.

If you would like to call the restaurant to let them know we'll be there around 1-2:00pm that would be fine. It's never taken us that long to do Crown King even when we have come across large slow moving groups. Gerald and I were back in Phoenix by 6pm. When Arsoul and I ran it we were back about 4pm.

It is a long days run though, so everyone... be prepared to LEAVE the meeting spot at 9am.

Is their any reason why we can not start earlier. I'm game for anywhere from 7am to 8 am. It would be nice to get back a little earlier then later. It would also make lunch a little earlier and the restu. would probably appreciate it also. Just a thought.

I'm all for leaving earlier. I'll send an e-mail out to the group letting them know we be leaving the meeting spot at 8am SHARP.

We have some folks coming in from Texas and Colorado so hopefully they will have had enough sleep.

Remember, even though we're stopping for lunch in Crown King, bring food for the trail too. We will be stopping for a "brunch" :D

Paul, of course, you're up for leaving earlier. You're one of those MORNING people! :eek: See you at 8am SHARP, but don't expect me to actually be awake. Wait you're used to that with me on runs. :D

Char, I'll just have to TREAD LIGHTLY :p around you that morning. Otherwise I know what will happen:shoot: but wait that happen's all the time, what am I saying:shoot: :shoot: :shoot: :shoot:

Hi guys. I was able to log on from Mexico City. I vote for 8:00 A.M.:eek: but I have to take into consideration I'm bringing back a vintage bottle of tequila and some ceegars.:p Soooo:D: Let's see what happens. How many days to go :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

Please being me a few of those ceegars :D:smoke: :thumbsup:

Hey, I'll take some TeKilla since we're making requests.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Whaa?

I'm confused! (I know, I know, What's new, Right?)

What day are we planning to hit the road @ 08:00?

Has any basic schedule of what trails on what day been decided on yet?

Are there going to be any runs on Friday, Mar 15th?
(We'll be arriving in Ph. on Thurs.,14th eve).

Do we have the meeting place(s) designated yet?

Is anyone else coming in Thu. nite or Fri Morning, and do you want to do a Fri. run?

Just wondering!

Also, Rick, Do you monitor any particular frequencies or repeaters? I'd like to be able to contact when we hit town, etc.

So many questions.....

:confused:

Back