Attempting to conquer the 4.0(build thread) | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Attempting to conquer the 4.0(build thread)

alright guys i have a few more questions. my parts are still at the machine shop i believe hes finishing the valve job and attaching the new pistons. i plan on having it fully built before putting it in. about how long would you estimate it would take for me to remove and replace with the new engine, i have to plan out my vacation time. also i plan on using my haynes to help me through the process is there anything the manual is missing that i should be on the look out for. ha i wish i lived up closer to jd

If you've pulled a motor before or good with tools,you could have it done and running in a day or two.a ohv is easy,i cut the two bolts at each collector and pull from the exhaust manifolds,it will save you alot of time.i can have one out and in a couple hours.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

hey jd what is the pushrod stock size?

2012-01-10004122-1.jpg

hmm well rockauto lists a 5.42, 5.45, 5.48. what do you think i should go with?

hmm well rockauto lists a 5.42, 5.45, 5.48. what do you think i should go with?

the stock probably was 5.48 new,thats what i would go with.they list them like that if you have the head or block decked.

Back