Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Albuquerque, NM
Year, Model & Trim Level
1991 XLT
Callsign
KG5BAQ
If you want to keep the land near you open to go wheeling on read the following information and act on it. I have seen some of the pics you guys post and it looks like some nice wheeling area that could be in jeopardy.

The following was posted on the PBB:

ACTION ALERT!

January 8, 2004

Congressman Raul Grijalva will hold a press conference to publicly announce his congressonal bill and support for a Tumacacori Wilderness. This would mean NO HUMAN ACCESS to this vast area AT ALL! These land thefts did not stop when Clinton/Babbitt left office!

The press conference will be held Saturday, January 10th, 2004, at 10:00 am, approx. 40 miles south of Tucson in Tubac, Arizona.

To get there, take I-19 south to exit # 34, turn right and then left on the West Frontage Road, go south about 2 1/4 miles, where the road will abruptly end.

The press conference will be held at the end of the road.
http://www.house.gov/grijalva/

We need you to come out and protest this attempted theft and closure of our public lands by the Congressman Grijalva and his elitist and radical environmental organizations.

This action would essentially close over 84,000 acres (130 Sq Miles) to multiple uses such as motorize camping and recreation, ranching, hunting, exploring and prospecting. Over 40 roads and jeep trails will be closed under his plan.

http://www.skyislandalliance.org/tumacacori/casestatement.htm

We need you to help send Congressman Grijalva a resounding message stating - no more wilderness

If a moderator feels this is better in the land issues forum go ahead and move it but I posted here because the land issues forum doesnt get near the attention this forum does. Thanks.

Back